Views
Helpful
Replies

User Count Tool for licensing conversion planning

jonathan.dixon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Does anyone know what happened to the User Count Tool (UCT?).  The license conversion worksheet where you could adjust the license quantities was quite handy for planning and doesn't exist in the License Count Utility (LCU).

What is the recommended way to plan for license changes when upgrading now?

Thanks,

Jonathan

5 Replies 5

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jonathan,

I suppose u are referring to License Conversion Worksheet where u used to get option for Recommended license count and Adjust recommended count(+/-) as per license type.

that option is more available.

you need to send the csv file which gets generated after running LCU to licensing@cisco.com to get the licenses [UCL/CUWL]

regds,

aman

Thanks Aman,

Is it just the calculator that has been removed or are Cisco no longer allowing us to convert all our DLUs to licenses (and pay the ESW/UCSS difference)?

Hi,

You need to have ESW/UCSS contract for doing major upgrades.

Secondly,when u run LCU say on CUCM version 8 Publisher, CSV file generated would consist of

a. Installed DLUs/Used DLU/Unused DLUs

b. MAC address of Server along with CUCM version

c. Essential /Basic/UCL enhanced/UCL enhanced Plus/CUWL Standard licenses required by users with EM /without EM.

regds,

aman

Thanks Aman,

This customer does have UCSS/ESW coverage entitling them to major version upgrades.  What I was referring to is covered in this Powerpoint: www.cisco.com/web/solutions/collaboration/docs/license_migration_scenarios.pptx

Slide 3:

•Unused DLUs may be used to add more Enhanced user seats at no additional license charge.

UCSS/ESW will increase to cover additional Enhanced user seats

Customers with UCSS Today:  UCSS/ESW coverage on any new user licenses added will be provided under the customer’s current UCSS/ESW contracts until next renewal at which time UCSS/ESW  rates will be calculated at the new license level & quantity.

Hopefully it still works this way, as customers inevitably use all those DLUs they get when they purchased UWL licensing on CUCM 7/8 to add extra phones...

I'm going to open a case with Cisco licensing and find out, I will post back with what they say in case anyone else is wondering.

Hi,

I suggest speaking to Cisco Account Manager since it involves commercials.

regds,

aman