cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VM ports donot automatically register with 2nd Unity server when 1st Unity is down

ev1205
Level 2
Level 2

I have a new CUCM implemetation with HA, so we have a Publisher and Subscriber server for Call Manager, Unity service and Presence.

I am testing High Availabilty features on my platform, and all services run OK on Subscriber servers BUT mail services.

When we check it, although Subscrber Unity becomes "primary server", ALL voice mail ports are resgistered with Subscriber Call Manager but none of them are connected to Subscriber Unity server.

When we check "Telephony Integration" on Unity servers we see that all ports are configured to use ONLY Unity Publisher server.

But when we try to change this configuration of thsese ports, we ONLY have the option to select ONE of the servers (Publisher or Subscriber), never both.

My question is: how can we set up a group so these voice mail ports can be connected to Publisher OR Subscriber Unity server ???

Thanks in advanced

Enrique Villasana

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Enrique,

I'll just add this reference to the great tips from my buddy Chris

here! (+5 C-Man )

It would seem that none of the ports were assigned to the Subscriber

when going through this section of the config;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/integration/guide/cucm_sccp/cucintcucmskinny200.html#wp1073447

Cheers!

Rob

"A smile relieves a heart that grieves" 

- Stones

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is this Unity or Unity Connection and what version?

Chris

Hi Chris,

Unity connection version, 9.1

Thanks for your help

Enrique

You should be able to add CUCM servers under the port group configuration in UCXN.

Chris

Chris the CUCM switchover is working good!!!

When CUCM publisher goes down, all voice mail ports get registration to CUCM subscriber with no problem.

BUT When I tested High Availability, and UCxN Publisher server goes down, I can see voice mail  ports registered on CUCM (Subscriber or Publisher) , BUT  they are not connected to proper UCxN subscriber server !!, ,,,,,they keep connected to UCxN Publisher, so we don't have voice mail ports availables for voice mail services on UCxN subscriber server.

I hope this information can help

Enrique Villasana

So, appears you are using SCCP for the integration, are your line groups/hunt list and hunt pilot configured properly?

Are you saying that the VM ports associated with UCXN publisher never unregistered?

Chris

you are using SCCP for the integration, are your line groups/hunt list and hunt pilot configured properly?

Yes, and I followed procedure of Cisco Manual for ver9, and we have tested voice mail services, The problem reported was detected when we tested High Availability.

Are you saying that the VM ports associated with UCXN publisher never unregistered?

Yes, let me show you the situation with an image (unity backup fail.png) taken  from :

UCxN Serviceability -->Tools -->Cluster Management

......during the UCxN publisher (OyBUnity01) fail, The UCxN Subscriber (OyBUnity02)  gets "Primary Server" Status, but it does not get availability of any of 24 voice mail ports, configured.

And the voice mail services are unavailable.

THANK you for your attention.

Enrique Villasana

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Enrique,

I'll just add this reference to the great tips from my buddy Chris

here! (+5 C-Man )

It would seem that none of the ports were assigned to the Subscriber

when going through this section of the config;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/integration/guide/cucm_sccp/cucintcucmskinny200.html#wp1073447

Cheers!

Rob

"A smile relieves a heart that grieves" 

- Stones

Hi  Rob/Chris,

Again thank you guys for your useful support !!

As I read on:

I only can associated a half of voice mail ports to UCxN Publisher and other half to UCxNSubscriber, so in case of an outage of any of these UCxN servers my system will count with a half of total configured voice mail ports????

Just to verify with you...

Thanks again

Enrique Villasana

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Correct, if the server down there are no voicemail ports for that server, hence the reason for redundant VM servers.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Again thanks Chris !!!