Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail Delivered to the wrong Mailbox

jcarrollccna
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Collaboration Community, 

I'm having an odd voicemail issue, hoping someone here might be able to point me in the right direction. 

I have a Hunt Group, x555 that includes x111, x222, and x333. x444 used to be part of the hunt group, but has since been removed.

x555 has its own voicemail box in Unity, which is configured to only relay the message to hunt_group@cisco.com

When you call x555 and it goes to voicemail, the correct greeting is played confirming we are reaching the right mailbox. When you leave a message, the message is delivered to the voicemail box and email of x444. I'm stumped as to why that's happening. Anyone have an idea that might help? 

3 Replies 3

Is x555 a user or a call handler? If it is a call handler, the message recipient could be a distribution list which includes x444.

Hello Elliot, 

Thank you for that insight, x555 is actually just set up as a user mailbox, not a call handler. It is configured not to accept messages to the mailbox, only relay them, so the messages to x555 should neither be going to the user at x444's mailbox or email address. 

I user mailbox (by definition) has a mailbox. If you don't intend it to ever get messages, my vote would be to use a call handler. Make sure you configure the 'after greeting action' the way you want. The default is to take a message. I can't speculate as to why message from one user got forwarded somewhere else.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: