Views
Helpful
Replies

WARNING: DNS unreachable

Muhammadnawaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

We have an issue since the activation of license on primary CUCM,  initially the secondary CUCM was coming up with this warning message as mentioned in the title and below. now this warning message appears on both Primary/Secondary CUCMs. please suggest the solution to fix this issue as we have tried to restart the CUCMs also reinstall the license but still the issue is same.

Primary:

Muhammadnawaz_0-1666157791664.png

Secondry:

Muhammadnawaz_1-1666157892071.png

Thanks in advance for support.

9 Replies 9

Muhammadnawaz
Level 1
Level 1

Also please comment about this issue we got on the CUCM, even both CUCMs are in cluster but still it is showing the warning message like this (WARNING: No backup device is configured. This is required to recover your system in case of failure). 

Muhammadnawaz_0-1666160309125.png

thanks for experts opinion. 

Add a backup device and take backup.

Response Signature

Hello, 

BACKUP Warning - to remove it, you have to configure Cisco DRS. It is a connection to SFTP server for your CUCM back up. 

Here is a guide how to configure DRS:CUCM DRS configuration guide

As for your DNS issue - can you ping your primary DNS server from your Publisher CUCM CLI? 

My Cisco Unified Communications Blog

Hi Dmytro,

thanks for the comments, yes am able to ping primary DNS server from the publisher. 

Am you check the forward and reverse lookup for the cucm nodes ?

Response Signature

Hi Nithin, 

thanks for the help, I check the diagnostic on both CUCMs Reverse Lookup is failed and output is as follows..

Muhammadnawaz_0-1666171183114.png

Add reverse entry/ PTR RECORD on your dns and that solve the issue

Response Signature

Check both forward and reverse lookup if its working.. it could be because of the Reverse lookup. I have seen this most commonly when  reverse lookup fails.

issues the below command from CUCM CLI

utils diagnose test

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: