cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Servicablity - Define CM or other nodes via API or bulk import?

Anyone knows if it is possible to create managed devices via an API or bulk import, like a CSV file, in ECP (Enterprise Compute Platform), ie in a Webex Serviceability Node?

image.png

I would hate to need to add all our CM and Expw infra one by one as it's a rather large number of nodes, to be precise 20 CM, 32 Expw and 6 CCX nodes.

Response Signature

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I asked a friendly TAC guy that I've been in contact with about ECP and got this response.

image.png

So it turns out that it is not possible, so now we need to add all those device individually via the kind of crappy webUI. #crying

Response Signature

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

I asked a friendly TAC guy that I've been in contact with about ECP and got this response.

image.png

So it turns out that it is not possible, so now we need to add all those device individually via the kind of crappy webUI. #crying

Response Signature

Sounds like this is a job for a python script. I agree that it stinks that there isn't a native bulk import feature.

Can a Python script do that in repetition on a webUI?

Response Signature

I haven't done anything with the Webex API's since I took the CLAUTO course (which was quite worthwhile), but I am sure you could loop through an input file and insert multiple items.

Well this is a separate product from Cisco that you install on-prem, that actually shows up as a Hybrid Media Node if you login to the "CLI" of it. I wrote CLI in quotes as there is no actual command line that you get to when you connect, it's a text based menu driven UI. So the normal Webex API's do not have any influence on this I'm afraid.

Response Signature

Please vote on this idea if you want to see this get added to the product.

https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WXCUST-I-8050

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: