cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the use case of "Out of Dialog Refer CSS" on SIP Trunk?

Meddane
VIP
VIP

What is the use case of "Out of Dialog Refer CSS" on SIP Trunk?

7 Replies 7

Meddane
VIP
VIP

I already seen the CUCM Help Page but not really clear.

And which part is not clear? What's an "out of dialog refer"? If yes, probably google helps.
The only scenario where I configure it, is in conjunction with Unity. Then this CSS is used, if Unity transfers the call back to CUCM.
In conjunction with CMS, the "Rerouting CSS" is used.

I googled and I didnt find clear explanation. I seen example that puts a CSS in the Out of dialog refer css field but without giving the reason.

For Unity Connection Transfer Rules, the Rerouting CSS must be used to allow the transfer but I dont think the Out-Of-Dialog CSS is needed in this case because I configured Unity Transfer Rules without it and it works.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This allows the SIP server on the other end of the trunk to issue a REFER for a call that it is not involved in, ie out of dialog. The most common (legitimate) example is CUC MWI. Treat this as sensitive; the CSS probably should be limited to on-net destinations.

But MWI is sent with the SIP NOTIFY message.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: