cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why are all posts now moderated?

srichardson
Level 4
Level 4

The past several days I'm noticing this message each time I post: "Please note, your reply will need to be approved by a moderator before it is posted in the forum."

Why is this?  My last post took 8 hours to be moderated and I find this is not in the spirit of collaboration, ironically.  This process is slowing down the usefulness of the community.

I'd like some insight and is this on all communities, including the partner community?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Laura Douglas
Level 6
Level 6

Stephanie,

Thanks for your email. I was about to post something about this on the community as we've gained more clarity around the issue motivating the use of the moderation feature. Let me provide some background on this:

We have never used the moderation feature on the community before and I don't believe in moderation as a rule. However, you may have noticed the spam attacks on the community which began to occur with more frequency over the last weeks. Our technical platform  team is investigating the best way to prevent these. In the meantime, we have turned moderation on in order to protect our subscribers from spam attacks. Unfortunately, there were some issues with moderation access so that is why there were lags on the turnaround for approvals (example: the 8 hours delay you experienced). We believe that has been solved and we are striving to provide quick turnaround going forward. I completely understand the frustration here, and that these delays affect your experience in the community.

I want to call out to you and everyone ... while we are using the moderation feature on the community, we are not censoring posts. We don't believe in that here at Cisco.

It is unfortunate that spamming is a reality but we are fully aware of this issue and doing all we can to resolve this for future. I hope you and everyone else staying with us and appreciate, in advance, your patience.

Does that answer your question, Stephanie? 

Laura Douglas

Cisco Collaboration Community Manager

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Laura Douglas
Level 6
Level 6

Stephanie,

Thanks for your email. I was about to post something about this on the community as we've gained more clarity around the issue motivating the use of the moderation feature. Let me provide some background on this:

We have never used the moderation feature on the community before and I don't believe in moderation as a rule. However, you may have noticed the spam attacks on the community which began to occur with more frequency over the last weeks. Our technical platform  team is investigating the best way to prevent these. In the meantime, we have turned moderation on in order to protect our subscribers from spam attacks. Unfortunately, there were some issues with moderation access so that is why there were lags on the turnaround for approvals (example: the 8 hours delay you experienced). We believe that has been solved and we are striving to provide quick turnaround going forward. I completely understand the frustration here, and that these delays affect your experience in the community.

I want to call out to you and everyone ... while we are using the moderation feature on the community, we are not censoring posts. We don't believe in that here at Cisco.

It is unfortunate that spamming is a reality but we are fully aware of this issue and doing all we can to resolve this for future. I hope you and everyone else staying with us and appreciate, in advance, your patience.

Does that answer your question, Stephanie? 

Laura Douglas

Cisco Collaboration Community Manager

Thank you for the informative reply.  While unfortunate, it makes sense.

Stephanie

Sorry to kick an old post, but the moderation is terribly slow, in some cases I have had posts waiting for moderation for WEEKS ! I currently have a post waiting for moderation that has been in that state for 2 days, this is really killing the collaborative ability of this platform.

Whats the current status with moderation, all posts still being moderated ?

Bradley,

I apologize for any delays you have experienced with moderation. If you are referring to your discussion regarding Unity CUPI, that post has cleared moderation and can be found here:

Unity CUPI Call Handler Greetings Update

I noticed that you posted the question to your personal "discussions" space. When starting a discussion in the community, you can choose "In A Place," a specific space/location, for your post to be published. This option is found at the bottom of the discussion form, and you can scroll through the various Cisco spaces to choose the most relevant location for your topic. Cisco has a number of communities to better serve our customers and to provide topical information and resources. Posting to a specific space results in more views and feedback for our users.

I hope this helps you in the future. Thank you for your feedback and for participating in the community.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for Customer Communities

Hi Kelli,

Thanks for that, I have created a new Discussion for my Cupi question in a relevant discussion space

I also have some posts waiting for moderation in this thread

https://communities.cisco.com/thread/48252?start=30&tstart=0

any chance you can ask someone to have a look at it please ?

Cheers,

Brad