cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

10 digit internal non-did abbreviated dialing

Daniel Isham
Level 4
Level 4

I am designing a 10 digit dial plan and there are a ton of non-did numbers, and all buildings are connected via fiber. I am trying to accomplish everything being abbreviated to 4 digits. I have setup the appropriate translation patterns to allow four 4 digit dialing. I have also setup the appropriate 4 digit external phone number mask (XXXX).

Here is my problem:

5551011234 dials 6789 (5551016789). The phone itsself shows "Connected to 5551016789". Same goes for the phone on the opposite end.

How can I mask the full 10 digit number for bothing calling and called parties that are both internal non-did numbers? I want the users to never see the full 10 digit number, I only want them to believe that they only have 4 digit extensions.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You would need to route the calls via calling transformation patterns.

HTH,

Chris

Basically I want to use transformation patterns instead of the setting "Always display original dialed number" in service parameters. I have tried multiple translation patterns with no luck.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What Partition are you putting it in, and what transformation CSS are you using on the phone or device pool?

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I currently have the 10 digit internal non-did numbers in a partition called PhoneDN. We have device level CSS which has access to most partitions, then we limit the calling priveleges on the line level. So right now for testing purposes, the line level CSS is "Internal", which has access to the internal partition.

Should I create CSS for translations?