cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2811 CME Setup with DHCP for phones

jameskuder
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a 2811 router that is setup as a CME for a new location that we will be opening. In the near future, I will be turining up the PRI circuit with the vendor and will need to test inbound/outbound calling. In order to do this, I will need to have the phones up and running. My dilemma is this. Normally, our setup is to have data from an ISP, the 2811 router with a firewall acting as the DHCP server for the phones. This will also be the end result in this case.

When I go to turn-up the PRI circuit, I will not have the data connectivity from the ISP nor the firewall. I will just have the router connected to the PRI and an a couple of phones for testing. What do I need to do to temporarily test with not having the full setup as far as IP's for phones.

If someone can outline this for me it would be great. I am having to do all of this without training. Just learning as I go.

Thanks in Advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You are not dependant by the ISP for CME functionality. It will use a private addresses and work normally like that.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You are not dependant by the ISP for CME functionality. It will use a private addresses and work normally like that.

What steps do I need to perform to setup the private addressing from the router?