cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2811 CME Setup with DHCP for phones

jameskuder
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a 2811 router that is setup as a CME for a new location that we will be opening. In the near future, I will be turining up the PRI circuit with the vendor and will need to test inbound/outbound calling. In order to do this, I will need to have the phones up and running. My dilemma is this. Normally, our setup is to have data from an ISP, the 2811 router with a firewall acting as the DHCP server for the phones. This will also be the end result in this case.

When I go to turn-up the PRI circuit, I will not have the data connectivity from the ISP nor the firewall. I will just have the router connected to the PRI and an a couple of phones for testing. What do I need to do to temporarily test with not having the full setup as far as IP's for phones.

If someone can outline this for me it would be great. I am having to do all of this without training. Just learning as I go.

Thanks in Advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You are not dependant by the ISP for CME functionality. It will use a private addresses and work normally like that.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You are not dependant by the ISP for CME functionality. It will use a private addresses and work normally like that.

What steps do I need to perform to setup the private addressing from the router?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: