cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2x C2921-CME-SRST/K9 in active / active or active standby?

dominic.roden
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a customer who is looking to deploy a CME SRST site abroad and want redundancy straight away. They will eventually be deploying a BE or CUCM in the UK and have multiple remote SRST sites abroad. Until that happens they want to know if they can use 2x CME SRST routers in some kind of redundancy scenario. Eventually when the CUCM or BE come online they will reduce that to one and re use the second SRST at another remote site. I don't think this is possible but I've never come across this before and would welcome any comments.

Regards,

Dom

4 Replies 4

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sure you can set them up as a HSRP group and load balance your phones between the two but in the event of one failing, you can have your phones fall to the other router

Srini

Srini,

Thanks for your sharing your expertise!

Laura

karmakar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dom,

I am from the CME product team. Can I speak to you more about this? Would you require only telephony redundancy or are you also looking at B-ACD, Voice Mail, AA and anything else?

Abhi / karmakar@cisco.com

Thanks for responding, Abhi. If possible, would be great to keep this exchange between you and Dom in the community instead of via email so that others can benefit from the repsonse.  I realize that some discussions are easier to have in person on the phone for topics that may be complex.  If you feel that is the case here, then please respond back with the outcome so again we share that information with the broader community.

thanks!

Laura

Collaboration Community Manager