cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4.0.3 UM Exchange Server link & GC/AD sync error

jcarr
Level 1
Level 1

I recently installed UM 4.0.3 with Exchange 2000 off box in a new forest/domain. Install appeared normal. I've got 2 problems now: 1) when I Bulk Import (whether from AD or CSV), the import appears to work, but the Exchange Server for the subscriber is empty. When I do a web/SA Import, it works fine. I can use DOHPropTest to set the mail server on the Bulk Imported users, but that hardly seems like a long-term solution. The other problem is that I'm logging GC and AD sync errors (user & admin operations appear otherwise normal). I've checked the GC registry entries and they appear fine.

Ideas?

4 Replies 4

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

>>but the Exchange Server for the subscriber is empty

If you checked the Windows users' properties, are the email addresses created? If yes, then try to leave them an email/vm. The mailboxes should be created then and you will be able to see in Exchange Administration.

>>other problem is .. GC and AD sync errors

What kind of errors? Have you installed 4.0(3) Sr 1?

H. M.

Hi,

The AD and GC errors are fixed in ES10

- gmb

ES10 is integrated in SR 1 per my prev post :-)

H. M.

How we you able to determine the errors would be fixed with ES10?

There are a lot of possible causes for DC/GC synch errors such as the DC/GC being down, permissions, spotty WAN links, and so on. None of the reasons I listed are due to a defect in Unity and thus would not be resolved by a code change.

I'm not saying that the issue won't be resolved with 4.0(3)SR1 but from the original post there isn’t enough data to determine root cause.

Thanks,

Keith