Views
Helpful
Replies

6841 Behaviour

Ovidiu Popa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Any chance we could put in a feature request for the 6941? User feedback for these phones tells us that it seems unlogical to put a call on hold using a dedicated physical button only to be forced to use a softkey to resume the call.

Is adding the Resume function to the physical Hold button on the roadmap ?

Thanks.

Regards,

Ovidiu

3 Replies 3

denwu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ovidiu,

This is a consistent design across all the new Cisco phones including 69xx, 89xx and 99xx, and we don't have the plan to change the behavior. Instead of a physical resume key, we encourage the user to use line keys or softkeys to resume a call.

Hello Denwu

I must say I am a little surprised by the answer as this is inconsistent with the other buttons on the same phone (I’m talking about 6941):

• - Loudspeaker – toggle button (use once to activate – use a second time to deactivate)
  • - Mute – toggle button (use once to activate – use a second time to deactivate)
  • - Headset – toggle button (use once to activate – use a second time to deactivate)
  • - Parameters – (use once to show the configuration menu – use a second time to hide the menu)
  • - Directory – (use once to show the directory – use a second time to hide the directory)
  • - Transfer button – use once to start the transfer and a second time if we complete the transfer
  • - Conference button – use once to start the conference and a second time to complete the conference

And finally, we have the hold button:

• - Hold button – use once to hold the call but if we want to resume the call we have to push the resume softkey.

Every time we present these phones to customers we get the same reaction. Why does it work this way? Wouldn’t it be easier to use the same button for the Resume?

If we are talking user experience I find that little things like these lower the value of Cisco UC Solution when compared to other vendors especially since we are talking of the most basic user features.

Hope to see this feature implemented in the future but until then my recommendation to customers remains the old, more stable and more easy to use 7900 Series.

Thanks.

Ovidiu

mknepper
Level 1
Level 1

I would add to that the following user experience affecting issues:

• The 6921 lacks screen space to present the “Line Label”. Thus if it is desired that the phone present caller ID different than the directory number (i.e. changing the external phone mask) of line 1 on that phone; it is impossible to determine the extension from the sceen.
  • The 6921 and 6941, when handling two calls, does not enable the user to review who is on hold without “resuming” the call on hold. 7900s, 8900s and 9900s use the arrow keys on the phone to be able to review calls in progress without “resuming"
  • The 6921 and 6941 “Call Toast” only presents caller dialed number. Expected behavior is to show  “From [Display (Internal Caller ID)] (Dialed Number)” – for example “From John Smith (63017)”.
  • The 6941 utilizes half of the LCD screen to show connected caller information and thus truncates longer "Display (Internal Caller ID)"
  • The 6941 and 6921 "Navigation Bar" function opposite to that of the 89xx and 99xx. Placed calls are accessed by pressing the up arrow instead of the down arrow.

Thanks,

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: