cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7841 SIP Phone - Background Image

mcgeehonjp
Level 1
Level 1

Can I get a positive confirmation that the 7841 SIP deskphone does not support custom background images?  I have seen images on google that seem to show a 78xx looking phone with a snoopy screensaver or similar image and this lead me to believe that this phone could have a custom background or timeout/screensaver image.

Any information to confirm whether this deskphone supports custom background images would be appreciated.

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

78xx series IP Phones do not support customized background images. You can set up idle dislpay and that too only text. More details on setting this up can be found in Set Up Idle Display section of the Admin Guide provided by Jaime.

Below is the user guide for 78xx phones and it does not include any section for wallpaper or background images since these phone models do not support them.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7811-7821-7841-7861/10-1/english/userguide/PA2D_BK_7A9531A8_00_7811-7821--7841--7861-ug-cucm.pdf

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

I have look in the Feature Guide and the Phone Admin Guide and I do not see the dimension in either.  They both just refer to the other.  Why not just share the information instead of making users try to dig through the endless circle?

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

78xx series IP Phones do not support customized background images. You can set up idle dislpay and that too only text. More details on setting this up can be found in Set Up Idle Display section of the Admin Guide provided by Jaime.

Below is the user guide for 78xx phones and it does not include any section for wallpaper or background images since these phone models do not support them.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7811-7821-7841-7861/10-1/english/userguide/PA2D_BK_7A9531A8_00_7811-7821--7841--7861-ug-cucm.pdf

Regards

Deepak

Thanks.  I have looked at the documentation and it states that the 78xx phone line supports and Idle Display and gives instructions on how to create the xml file.

I downloaded the SDK, created the Gif image and converted it to CIP/XML using the method described in the document and uploaded it to a webserver.  When the phone attempts to pull the xml file the following display is shown on the 7841 phones display:

XML Error [5]

This seems to indicate that this xml type object is not supported on this phone.

Is the Cisco documentation incorrect regarding this phone for idle displays, or is the procedure different than documented?

Has anything changed this document seems to suggest you can have a wallpaper ?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/MPP/7800/english/adminguide/pa2d_b_7800-mpp-ag-11/pa2d_b_7800-mpp-ag-11_chapter_01010.html#TPCC_RF_P2FC55E9_00

and you can change it from the phone web page however I can browse to the phone but cannot access the admin page.

If you're using a phone with MPP/3PCC firmware, then yes, those are the instructions to follow.

This thread covered enterprise FW, not MPP/3PCC.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I look at the link you posted and there is nothing in that documentation about configuring new phone backgrounds.  Can we get some viable information?