Views
Helpful
Replies

7940 and 7960 support in CUCM 9.X

rosasi0107
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have been trying to find whether or not the IP Phones 7940G and 60G are still supported in CUCM 9.x but so far I have found nothing, does anybody have set up a 9.x version with these models?

Any help is appreciated.

TY

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you can still configure and use those phones, we haven't removed any phone from the device list.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you can still configure and use those phones, we haven't removed any phone from the device list.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Correct, Cisco has never removed any support for any previous phones, you can still define phones which most folks dont remember or have never seen :-)

Chris

Sorry to reopen this old thread, but 7940 / 60's don't appear to be listed in the compatibily matrix. I trust you guys when you say that they'll work, but I'm wondering what firmware version they'll need to run?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/unified/communications/system/versions/IPTMtrix.html

Thanks in advance!

Don

All older phones that are already EOL/EOS, will be running the latest FW that was released, those phones are still available under the drop down, however, since they're EOL/EOS, no new features will be added, and if you happen to run into a FW bug, no fix will be provided.

It's hard to say the word "compatible" in this case, as they were not tested by the BU, however, they should still work for all the features they had when FW was still being developed for them.

HTH

java

HTH

java

What about CUCM 10.x ? Is it still available in the device option ?

All the above still applies to 10

HTH

java

Just to confirm, 7960s and 7940s are compatible with CUCM 10x?

No they are not as they are no longer supported and tested as of version 9.0, however they do work.

Chris

Sorry to be a pain and bring this up again, I have a customer that currently has 6000 7940's and about 1500 7960's in their CUCM8.6 environment. We are looking to upgrade them to either CUCM 10.5 or 11.0 and I need to know if the older phones will still be usable. We also have a number of ATA 186/188 and a Cisco 3241 VC gateway along with 6 VG224's

you can also login into Cisco Unified Reporting -----Unified CM Phone Feature List .Click on Product to see what all models are supported.

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: