cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7945 Phone Display Problem

JOHN WILHELM
Level 4
Level 4

We recently purchased some new Cisco 7945 Phones.  The phone boots up and the display looks just fine, then it performs a firmware upgrade.  The upgrade completes successfully and the phone reboots, upon reboot the display gets messed up.  The sceen flashes white on boot and then when the phone boots it is black except for a small strip of color pixels on the left side of the screen.  The phone appears to work properly, it can make and receive calls just fine, we just can't see the display.  I thought possibly it was a problem with the phone, but then we tried some others and it is happening on all of them.  So is there something in Call Manager I need to do in order to get the display to work correctly?   We're running CUCM 9.0. 

Cisco7945.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

I'm betting on this bug;

phone load issue on 7945 with new hardware

CSCui54479

Symptom:
7945 with new hardware can download the phone load prior to 9.3.1SR1, It will result in the partial display on LCD
Conditions:
Upgrade phone load
Workaround:
N/A

Cheers!

Rob

"A smile relieves a heart that grieves" 

- Stones

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

JOHN WILHELM
Level 4
Level 4

This seems like a problem with the firmware, but my question is how do I get a fix for the firmware? 

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

I'm betting on this bug;

phone load issue on 7945 with new hardware

CSCui54479

Symptom:
7945 with new hardware can download the phone load prior to 9.3.1SR1, It will result in the partial display on LCD
Conditions:
Upgrade phone load
Workaround:
N/A

Cheers!

Rob

"A smile relieves a heart that grieves" 

- Stones

Thank you. Yes, I think you are correct.  The phone came loaded with 9.3.1SR1, but CUCM downgraded it to 9.3.1 which triggered this bug.  I've loaded the newest firmware (9.3.1SR2) for the 7945G in Call Manager, but the phones fail to upgrade to it. It just continually reboots... it's hard to see what is going on as most of the screen is cut off.  I tried a different 7945 and it gives an error and fails to download the new firmware from the tftp server.   The 9.3.1SR1 firmware works fine, but I've still got a couple phones messed up with the 9.3.1 firmware that will not complete the upgrade successfully.  

Strange... By turning off (stopping) the Cisco tftp service on the subscriber the phone was able to successfully upgrade to the new firmware. 

The subscriber seems to be the default tftp server for some reason.  If I upload the files there it works fine. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: