cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7962G Upgrad Path

jameskuder
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have two 7962G phones that we just added on CUCM and they are currently running on term62.default firmware

I am trying to upgrade them to SCCP42.8-5-2S firmware. What is the step upgrade path?          

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ohh I see, looks like your CCO credentials doesnt have that previlege. You will have to either take help from one of the Cisco Partner Organization or Cisco TAC ( who can publish the files to your CCO ).

GP.

Pls rate the post if it helps !!

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Search the forum for "Auth Fail" and you will see many threads on how to upgrade the firmware to intermediate version to get you to the final version you desire.

HTH,

Chris

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To know what intermediate versions the phone needs to be upgraded to first before reaching to final destination ( i.e. SCCP42.8-5-2S in this case ), refer the release notes guide of SCCP42.8-5-2S. Section " Firmware Upgrade Issues " will have the mention about intermediate versions, if any. Checkout http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/firmware/8_5_2/english/release/notes/7900_852SR1.html#wp57602

In case your present phone version cant be upgraded to the intermediate version directly, then release notes of that intermediate version would have a mention about other intermediate version ( if any ). but most of the upgrades are 1 intermediate hop upgrades.

GP.

I have checked it out, but it appears that the file I need...I get a you are not authorized to download the file.

Ohh I see, looks like your CCO credentials doesnt have that previlege. You will have to either take help from one of the Cisco Partner Organization or Cisco TAC ( who can publish the files to your CCO ).

GP.

What is the best way to determine what the latest firmware is for the 7962G that we can put on CUCM 8.6 for SCCP?

If you meant what is the best suited/recommended firmware for 7962 then I would say, best practice is to go with most latest version released on CCO, as the latest releases would have fixes for potential bugs reported so far ( many if not all ).

GP.

Well, I found the latest firmware which is SCCP42.9-3-1-1S. I was able to get the phone to upgrade, but I noticed that I can no longer access the phone via the web GUI. If I downgrade to SCCP42.8-5-2S, I am able to access the phone again via the Web GUI. I have verified this behavior on two phones. Any thoughts?

I did not see anything in the release notes about the issue.

Sounds like a bug. Sorry, couldnt explore for one now but TAC should be able to locate or open a new one ( as appropriate ) for you.

GP.

Did you verify on the device in UCM administration that web-access is enabled?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: