Views
Helpful
Replies

8.5.1 CallManager Migration from MCS to BE7K

Amod Joshi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

We are having Call manager version 8.5.1 running on MCS server (Physically Installed not on virtualized environment). Also we don't have valid UCSS contract. As MCS is now EOS/EOL. We are planning to move the call manager on BE7K. For now we are planning to keep the same callmanger version (8.5.1) on BE7K. In future we have the upgradation plan.

Now i want to know the Rehosting of Licenses from MCS to BE7K. Do we need the valid UCSS contract currently installed callmanager on MCS?

What are the steps for Rehosting the Licenses from MCS to BE7K?

What is the best way for Migration, manually or using PCD? 

Thanks in Advanced..!

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure about the contract requirement, but what you're talking about right now, keeping the same version, means you cannot use PCD. A migration on PCD means you will move from a release earlier than 10, to a 10.x+ release, not to simply move the exact same version from MCS to UCS.

PCD is of no use on your scenario, did you review the PCD documentation before considering it???

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello Jaime,

Thanks for the information. We can do the manual migration.

Our main concern is about licensing. How do we rehost the licences as we don't have valid UCSS contract. 

Hi Amod,

If u do have valid UCSS contract, then, u need to buy migration licenses for end users.

regds,

aman

Hi Amin,

What is migration licenses? and we don't have UCSS contract for 8.5.1 for MCS server. But we do have Smartnet for BE7K.

Hi Amod,

migration licenses are required when u do not have UCSS contract to do major upgrades.So,u need to have ip phone user count to migrate to UCL/CUWL.

I suppose SMARTNET,which u have for BE7K would be for the hardware support. You can check the same with vendor/partner.

regds,

aman

Amin,

As i said we are not upgrading the the version of CUCM. only we are changing the server from MCS to BE7K. Still we will need the migration licenses?

Regards,

AMOD

I thought u are upgrading call manager from version 8 to 10.5.

Since u are deploying same version on new UCS platform so, u do not need UCSS Contract but u need to rehost the licenses since u need license MAC in virtualization instead of physical MAC which is in MCS platform.

the same can be done from www.cisco.com/license or send mail to licensing@cisco.com

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: