cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8845 calls getting Perservation Mode

a-leuluai
Level 1
Level 1

I have a situation with preservation mode, when on a conference call after 15min 8845 phone display preservation mode and disconnect the calls, the SRST Reference is disabled plus no issue with the MPLS circuits, any thoughts.

8 Replies 8

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What is the cucm version, phone firmware version?

Does it affect all 8845's or a few of them?

Are these phones colocated at the same site as cucm or at remote sites?

Does it only happen on conference calls after exactly 15 minutes or normal phone calls as well after 15 minutes?

Manish

I have this same problem on CUCM version 10.5.2.10000-5 and the 8845 phones are using firmware version sip8845_65.12-0-1-11. Phones are at sites remote from the CM cluster. Call flow is phone -->SIP Trunk -->Asterisk Conference Server. Issue appears to only occur during conference calls to the Asterisk Conference Server.

Always in 15 minute intervals. It never deviates.

Is it possible for you take wireshak capture on phone and then we can figure out why connections are terminated.

I don't have a wireshark just yet but I'm trying to get one. Something that I found in the console logs from the web interface of the phone, I've attached below. Getting a lot of ICMP unreachable messages for the IP address of the Asterisk conference server. As a footnote... This issue is not occurring with any other devices except for 8845, 8865, and Jabber phones. Other SIP phones such as the CP9971 are not having the issue.

Attached is also a packet capture from one of the 8845 phones where we were able to recreate the issue. Something else to add is that we are seeing reinvites coming from the CUCM but they are not being received at the Asterisk conference server.

We CAN see the reinvites received at the Asterisk server that were sent from a Cisco 9971 phone.

Quick update: We're now testing with firmware version sip8845_65.12-0-1ES-15 but the phone is still going into call preservation at the 15 minute mark. We have lots of these phones so please let me know if you might have any additional suggestions or if you require any additional information from me.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: