Views
Helpful
Replies

8851 Up Arrow Favorites

B_VOIP_NE
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I just purchased a few hundred 8851's to roll out to staff to replace 7942's.  I noticed the 8851 has an up arrow that says "Favorites, please use the self care portal to configure"  How do I go about configuring these?  I looked in the self care portal and can manipulate speed dials but don't see anything about "Favorites"  I can't find this in the admin/user guides either.

2 Replies 2

BEN ROBINSON
Level 1
Level 1
For awareness in the v12.1.1 firmware docs -

Speed Dial and Navigation Enhancements

You can use your phone to configure a programmable line key as a speed-dial button, if you cannot access the Self Care Portal. This method is quick way to add a favorite phone number as a speed-dial to your phone.

You can also edit or delete any speed-dial button created from your phone. But you cannot use your phone to edit or delete a speed-dial button created from the Self Care portal or from Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
In addition to being supported on the Cisco IP Phones 8800 Series, this method of adding speed-dial buttons is supported on the following key expansion modules:

Cisco IP Phone 8800 Key Expansion Module

Cisco IP Phone 8851/8861 Key Expansion Module

Cisco IP Phone 8865 Key Expansion Module

Accessing your speed-dial numbers has also been made easier. Simply press the Navigation down button from an idle screen to view and call one of your favorite phone numbers. This enhancement only applies to speed-dial numbers added from the Self Care portal, or from the Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

You can also use the Navigation cluster to see your call history. Press the Navigation up key when in an idle screen and a list of your recent calls is displayed.

This is a very good and usable feature for those users who don't have access to the selfcare-portal. 

The only problem is, when you have users who have access to the selfcare-portal and sometime users this wonderfull feature on the phone. Why it did not sync which the SD entries from the User it self? In that way they can see and edit the entry that was done manually on the phone. 

Because now, also in firmware version 12.7, if you have done a manually speeddial/favorite entry on the phone. And later would add more speeddial entries on selfcareportal, you can not see the entries you have done manuelly on the phone in the selfcareportal. See attached files. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: