cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8961, 9951 VM Button, Call History, Corp Directory Not Working

gmgarrian
Level 4
Level 4

I have more info so I figured I create a new thread.

I have a client with a single 9951 SIP phone connecting to a 8.6.1 CUCM BE server.  Prior to upgrading to CUCM 8.6.1, the same phone and firmware version was registered to a CUCM 8.5.1 server and all phone functions worked.  Since the only issue appeared to be the VM button and you could direct dial the VM pilot as a work around this issue was moved to the back burner.

Now, for the same client I'm rolling out about 20 8961 SIP phones for remote users.  These phones are having the same issue with the VM button not working.

In addition, both 8961 and 9951 models aren't displaying any call history (missed, dialed, etc.) or directories (corp or personal).

I have loaded the most recent firmware, 9.2.2, and this does not fix the issue.

On a side note, I had a similar issue at another client with a 9971 phone and it was a bug in the firmware that TAC told me would be fixed in 9.2.2.  I downgraded that firmware and got those features working.

Downgrading doesn't work for the original client though.

Is anyone else running into this?  Am I missing something?

Thanks!

10 Replies 10

gmgarrian
Level 4
Level 4

59 views and nobody has any thoughts or suggestions?  Is anyone else using these phone with no problems?  Is so, what firmware and CUCM version are you running?

I've seen at least a simular issue before, the issue was that the phone has 2 banks and was using a faulty fimrware instead of a firmware that worked. (Directories were missing + video didn't work all the time point to point)

Resetting the phone sometimes worked but sometimes I needed to use revert to factory defaults to get it to switch versions.

If this is the case you could look at replacing the faulty firmware in the phone bank, in my case the phones just changed bank randomly so even the resetting the phones wasn't a long term solution.

Regards

Andri

Hi -

We have seen Directory authentication errors moving phones between different CUCM clusters:

Device authentication error.

CTL file does not have a Cisco Unified Communications Manager certificate or has an incorrect certificate.

To correct the problem, we had to delete the CTL file on the IP phone.  The instructions on how/why to do this are detailed in the Communications Manager Security Guide -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe/security/8_5_1/secugd/sec-851-be.html

Cisco recommends that you perform this task in a secure lab environment, especially if you do not plan to delete the CTL file from the Cisco Unified Communications Manager server(s).

page89image20808
page89image21512
page89image21784
page89image22056
page89image23008

Delete the CTL file on the Cisco Unified IP Phone for the following cases:

• You lose all security tokens that signed the CTL file.

• The security tokens that signed the CTL file appear compromised.

• You move a phone out of a secure environment; for example, to a storage area.

• You move a phone from an area with an unknown security policy to a secure Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

• You change the alternate TFTP server address to a server that does not exist in the CTL file.

Here are the instructions for your phone models, based on this guide -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/8_6/english/admin_guide/9971trb.html

From the Administrator Settings menu, unlock phone options (see the "Unlocking and Locking Options" section on page 7-3), then choose Reset Settings > Security Settings.

Deletes only the CTL file.

The phone will get a new CTL from the new CUCM cluster TFTP server.

Hope this helps, Ginger

I have done both of these things, rebooting the phone and reseting just the security settings as well as all the settings.

The only way to get those buttons activated is to downgrade to (I believe) firmware 9.0.2 which is prior to the VPN functionality being available.

I'm working with TAC on this as it may be an unreported bug.  Tomorrow I'll be getting packet captures and debugs for them to forward to their dev team.

I'll post more is there are any developments.

Thanks for the suggestions though!

ralexm2005
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue with CUCM 8.6.2aSU1 and 9951 phones. VM Button. Call History and Directory are working only with firmware 9.0.2. I tried several versions from 9.2.2 to 9.3.1.

Did you find other solution except downgrading to firmware 9.0.2?

I found solution. All system services (Directory, Missed/Placed calls, VoiceMail) has NULL at filed Secure-Service URL, but it should be empty. IP Phones 8961/9951/71 with firmwares 9.1/9.2/9.3 doesn't correctly recognized this NULL. When we press messages key we see in log:

2782 NOT 09:39:20.604259 CVM-userio.Trace: [thread=AWT-EventQueue-0][class=cip.userio.InputManager] KeyEvent :: Key:Messages

2783 NOT 09:39:20.674009 CVM-: [thread=messages MQThread][class=cip.msg.Messages] URL : device.settings.config.messagesurl

2784 NOT 09:39:20.674144 CVM-?: [thread=messages MQThread][class=cip.app.aq] Check if #DEVICENAME# or #EMCC# is present in the URL

2785 NOT 09:39:20.674230 CVM-?: [thread=messages MQThread][class=cip.app.aq] Check if #DEVICENAME# or #EMCC# is present in the URL

2786 NOT 09:39:20.674303 CVM-?: [thread=messages MQThread][class=cip.app.aq] Check if #DEVICENAME# or #EMCC# is present in the URL

2787 NOT 09:39:20.674373 CVM-?: [thread=messages MQThread][class=cip.app.aq] Check if #DEVICENAME# or #EMCC# is present in the URL

I don’t sure when exactly services has been changed.

CSCtx59395 Bug Details

Phone services do not work, select service displayed on the phone

Symptom:

Selecting any of the built in phone services (Missed Calls, Received Calls, Placed Calls, Personal Directory, Corporate Directory, Intercom Calls, or Voicemail) the phone displays "Select a Service" after the service has been selected.

Conditions:

To verify this problem, enter the service URL into a browser: https://< cucm IP>:8443/ccmcip/xmldirectory.jsp

(View page source from the browser since the browser doesn't understand the phone specific tags, to see something like the following)

< ?xml version="1.0"?>

< CiscoIPPhoneMenu>

< Name>Missed Calls< /Name>
NULL < ------ PROBLEM

Workaround:

The cause is unknown at this time.

This status of this bug is Unreproducible

The problem cannot be reproduced by the evaluating or test engineer.

This happened to us as well. It turns out that the phone services were updated during the CUCM upgrade to now have NULL as the value for the secure URL instead of just remaining blank. I manually set them back to blank and updated the subscriptions and everything started working again. It did not matter what version of firmware was on the phone in our case.

To fix in CM go to Device->Device Settings->Phone Services then go into each phone service affected and delete the value "NULL" from the Secure-Service URL field, then hit Update Subscriptions.

I have smiliar issue, after upgrade the CUCM from v8.5.1 to v8.6.2 the Call history not longer working.

and it appears to the ITL certification mis matched, the solution is to delete the ITL file in each IP Phone, and reload, and new ITL file will download from CCM servers.

Go To IP Phone :

Press Setting ->Security Configuration -> Trust list  ->ITL file
Press **# to unlock and delete ITL file.Phone will reboot  and reload,and Call History will resume to work.

Thank you. It's working for me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: