I have more info so I figured I create a new thread.
I have a client with a single 9951 SIP phone connecting to a 8.6.1 CUCM BE server. Prior to upgrading to CUCM 8.6.1, the same phone and firmware version was registered to a CUCM 8.5.1 server and all phone functions worked. Since the only issue appeared to be the VM button and you could direct dial the VM pilot as a work around this issue was moved to the back burner.
Now, for the same client I'm rolling out about 20 8961 SIP phones for remote users. These phones are having the same issue with the VM button not working.
In addition, both 8961 and 9951 models aren't displaying any call history (missed, dialed, etc.) or directories (corp or personal).
I have loaded the most recent firmware, 9.2.2, and this does not fix the issue.
On a side note, I had a similar issue at another client with a 9971 phone and it was a bug in the firmware that TAC told me would be fixed in 9.2.2. I downgraded that firmware and got those features working.
Downgrading doesn't work for the original client though.
Is anyone else running into this? Am I missing something?
59 views and nobody has any thoughts or suggestions? Is anyone else using these phone with no problems? Is so, what firmware and CUCM version are you running?
I've seen at least a simular issue before, the issue was that the phone has 2 banks and was using a faulty fimrware instead of a firmware that worked. (Directories were missing + video didn't work all the time point to point)
Resetting the phone sometimes worked but sometimes I needed to use revert to factory defaults to get it to switch versions.
If this is the case you could look at replacing the faulty firmware in the phone bank, in my case the phones just changed bank randomly so even the resetting the phones wasn't a long term solution.
We have seen Directory authentication errors moving phones between different CUCM clusters:
Device authentication error.
CTL file does not have a Cisco Unified Communications Manager certificate or has an incorrect certificate.
To correct the problem, we had to delete the CTL file on the IP phone. The instructions on how/why to do this are detailed in the Communications Manager Security Guide -
Cisco recommends that you perform this task in a secure lab environment, especially if you do not plan to delete the CTL file from the Cisco Unified Communications Manager server(s).
Delete the CTL file on the Cisco Unified IP Phone for the following cases:
Here are the instructions for your phone models, based on this guide -
From the Administrator Settings menu, unlock phone options (see the "Unlocking and Locking Options" section on page 7-3), then choose Reset Settings > Security Settings.
Deletes only the CTL file.
The phone will get a new CTL from the new CUCM cluster TFTP server.
Hope this helps, Ginger
I have done both of these things, rebooting the phone and reseting just the security settings as well as all the settings.
The only way to get those buttons activated is to downgrade to (I believe) firmware 9.0.2 which is prior to the VPN functionality being available.
I'm working with TAC on this as it may be an unreported bug. Tomorrow I'll be getting packet captures and debugs for them to forward to their dev team.
I'll post more is there are any developments.
Thanks for the suggestions though!
I have the same issue with CUCM 8.6.2aSU1 and 9951 phones. VM Button. Call History and Directory are working only with firmware 9.0.2. I tried several versions from 9.2.2 to 9.3.1.
Did you find other solution except downgrading to firmware 9.0.2?
I found solution. All system services (Directory, Missed/Placed calls, VoiceMail) has NULL at filed Secure-Service URL, but it should be empty. IP Phones 8961/9951/71 with firmwares 9.1/9.2/9.3 doesn't correctly recognized this NULL. When we press messages key we see in log:
2782 NOT 09:39:20.604259 CVM-userio.Trace: [thread=AWT-EventQueue-0][class=cip.userio.InputManager] KeyEvent :: Key:Messages
2783 NOT 09:39:20.674009 CVM-: [thread=messages MQThread][class=cip.msg.Messages] URL : device.settings.config.messagesurl
2784 NOT 09:39:20.674144 CVM-?: [thread=messages MQThread][class=cip.app.aq] Check if #DEVICENAME# or #EMCC# is present in the URL
2785 NOT 09:39:20.674230 CVM-?: [thread=messages MQThread][class=cip.app.aq] Check if #DEVICENAME# or #EMCC# is present in the URL
2786 NOT 09:39:20.674303 CVM-?: [thread=messages MQThread][class=cip.app.aq] Check if #DEVICENAME# or #EMCC# is present in the URL
2787 NOT 09:39:20.674373 CVM-?: [thread=messages MQThread][class=cip.app.aq] Check if #DEVICENAME# or #EMCC# is present in the URL
I don’t sure when exactly services has been changed.
The cause is unknown at this time.
This status of this bug is Unreproducible
The problem cannot be reproduced by the evaluating or test engineer.
This happened to us as well. It turns out that the phone services were updated during the CUCM upgrade to now have NULL as the value for the secure URL instead of just remaining blank. I manually set them back to blank and updated the subscriptions and everything started working again. It did not matter what version of firmware was on the phone in our case.
To fix in CM go to Device->Device Settings->Phone Services then go into each phone service affected and delete the value "NULL" from the Secure-Service URL field, then hit Update Subscriptions.
I have smiliar issue, after upgrade the CUCM from v8.5.1 to v8.6.2 the Call history not longer working.
and it appears to the ITL certification mis matched, the solution is to delete the ITL file in each IP Phone, and reload, and new ITL file will download from CCM servers.
Go To IP Phone :
Press Setting ->Security Configuration -> Trust list ->ITL file
Press **# to unlock and delete ITL file.Phone will reboot and reload,and Call History will resume to work.