Views
Helpful
Replies

9900 and 8900 video quality statistics

acydgod
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew whether one could view the video quality statistics from these phones (double hit ? button or from their web page).  The web pages seem to have many Streams available, all reporting MOS, jitter, etc but I'm not sure if there is such a thing as video MOS or any equivalent.

Also, does the CMR records contain any information about video quality?

Thanks

7 Replies 7

ishahdad
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

David,

On your 9971/9951 phone, you can press: Settings>Administrator Settings>Call Statistics>Audio/Video

This should give you video statistics that you are looking for.

-Irfan

Yes but it doesn't show BW consumed. I have a had a feature request on this for a long time. Most video end points show average bandwidth consume in real time but these phones don't show it. You have to go to the switch to see these statistics and interpret..

Srini

Okay, but can I get the same information from the web page of these phones?

Yes, you can.

If you go to the phone webpage (type the phone IP address in the browser - WebAccess needs to be enabled), from the left menu, under "Streaming Statistics", select "Stream 1", scroll down and you will see "Sender Bandwidth" and "Rcvr Bandwidth". That gives you the bandwidth of the video stream sent/received in kbps.

HTH,

Irfan

Irfan

I will check this out but can I get the same statistic on the phone or is the BW consumed only accessible from the web page?

Srini

As explained in my original post, you can get the same statistics, including the Sender/Rcvr bandwidth info on a 99xx from:  Settings>Administrator Settings>Call Statistics>Video. You need to scroll down on that window since the b/w info is at the end of the list.

-Irfan

Irfan

I will confirm this on my end since ever since I got this phone a long time back the initial firmware did not have this information so I don't know if this got recently added.

Srini