Views
Helpful
Replies

9971 phone set conference problem

cevliyaoglu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

We have cucm 9.1.2  There is a strange behaviour on 9971 model phone sets.

When  the user is talking with someone in the first line and at this time if second call comes, and if  the user want to switch to the 2nd call, it makes a conference  on 1st line , 2nd line and the user. Normal behaviour should be such as,   1st line should have been holded and 2 nd line should have been active

Beside this, the problem doesn't occur every time.  For exp. when we first  configure the phoneset,  it works properly but  for  a while, it occurs rarely. But after a while it occurs every time.

In this case I checked the CDR cause code related with these calls,  CDR gives the cause code such as  393216  which is sth like " call terminates during transfer"

I suspected with the configuration of phone set show all calls on primary line . But it didn't fix it .

Can it be a bug which was not seen before?

9971 firmware is the latest one.  ( 9.4.2.13)

Any recommendation is appreciated.

Cuneyt Evliyaoglu

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Cuneyt,

If these 9971's are controlled by jabber clients then this is a known issue documented in the following bug

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuq40557/?reffering_site=dumpcr

As the bug is still open you may check with TAC for more details.

if this is for independent 9971's with no association to jabber then this would require detailed callmanager traces for one such call to begin with since the phone firmware is already the latest.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Cuneyt,

If these 9971's are controlled by jabber clients then this is a known issue documented in the following bug

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuq40557/?reffering_site=dumpcr

As the bug is still open you may check with TAC for more details.

if this is for independent 9971's with no association to jabber then this would require detailed callmanager traces for one such call to begin with since the phone firmware is already the latest.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Hi Manish

You're absoluteley right

I tested it and when the Jabber is logged in, the behaviour is as above. When I logged out from Jabber it works properly.

But it's a huge problem as 10000+ users are  using jabber actively. And most of people are facing this issue in this case. I will contact to TAC to escalate it to BU..

Thanks for updating the post.

Manish

Additional info: The problem occurs in 9971 and 9951 phone sets. But it doesn't occur in 894x series.

Hi There is a good news. We re currently using Jabber 10.5.1 and the problem occurs in this version.

But after upgrading to Jabber 11.1.0 , no problem occurs.

So it has been fixed. Thanks for your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: