Helpful
Replies

About R-VMW-UC-FND license

ComstorFR
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have two clustered servers  UCS-C200M2 VCD2

Can we purchase only  one  R-VMW-UC-FND license, or are we obliged to look for  two licenses, one for each server?

and if the servers are not clustered, can we use the same license for both ?

Best regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To meet the legal requirements of the EULA you must purchase a quantity one (1) R-VMW-UC-FND for each UC on UCS (e.g. UCS-C200M2-VCD2) chassis you have. You cannot legally use the same license key on both chassis. Also, you must maintain active ESW and UCSS contracts for at least one application running on that host to receive support/patches/updates of the ESXi hypervisor.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To meet the legal requirements of the EULA you must purchase a quantity one (1) R-VMW-UC-FND for each UC on UCS (e.g. UCS-C200M2-VCD2) chassis you have. You cannot legally use the same license key on both chassis. Also, you must maintain active ESW and UCSS contracts for at least one application running on that host to receive support/patches/updates of the ESXi hypervisor.

Hi Jonathan

Thank you a lot for your reply

Regards

Do you know how to obtain the software and licensing for this R-VMW-UC-FND SKU?  I was told this is somehow pre-installed, but I don't see any VMWare OS on the C200 server. 

Hello,

The R-VMW-UC-FND can only be sent by cisco through the e-delivery program, you can download the software and license from

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/tools/edelivery.html

I do have a question guys, i used to order this product, yesterday i was doing a BOM for one of the cutsomer and i found that the part number R-VMW-UC-FND is longer available in the configuration tool , and even the version 5 is also no longer available, does anyone knows what is going on?

Amer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: