cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
Enthusiast

About UCL Basic Licenses

Hello,

I have 500 UCL Basic licenses, about 100 7821 ip phones. 

Also I have 10 UCL Enhanced licenses and 25 UWL Pro licenses.

I need Cisco Jabber for smartphone (and PC) for more than 35(10+25) users. At least 60.

Its possible to use all those remaining Basic licenses (400)to enable cisco jabber for iphone (and windows) without an upgrade from basic to enhanced?.

Thanks.

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Enthusiast

Re: About UCL Basic Licenses

Basic UCL: User-based licenses for individual Cisco Unified Communications products. Each includes applications server software
and user licensing for a single device supported by the Essential UCL or Basic UCL functions. These licenses also provide on-premises instant
messaging clients and presence software for the entire organization
Device types supported
Analog, fax
Unified SIP Phone 3905 and Unified IP Phone 6901
Unified IP Phone 7811 and 7821 endpoints

You can use Basic to provide IM/P services but you need to have Enhanced at a minimum for Jabber soft phone capabilities
3 REPLIES 3
Enthusiast

Basic UCL: User-based licenses for individual Cisco Unified Communications products. Each includes applications server software
and user licensing for a single device supported by the Essential UCL or Basic UCL functions. These licenses also provide on-premises instant
messaging clients and presence software for the entire organization
Device types supported
Analog, fax
Unified SIP Phone 3905 and Unified IP Phone 6901
Unified IP Phone 7811 and 7821 endpoints

You can use Basic to provide IM/P services but you need to have Enhanced at a minimum for Jabber soft phone capabilities
Highlighted
Hall of Fame Master

Just small update to correct response from Mike (+5), IM/P consumes no license as there is no device built for it.  Jabber phone device (CSF, TCT, TAB, BOT) will consume at minimum Enhanced. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-communications-licensing/C45_523902_11_9_licensing_aag_v5a_1.pdf

Chris

Enthusiast

I thought the license substitution may work.

Another question.

If I have an 69XX or 7821 ip phone with an associated user (DN), this use a UCL Basic license.

If I want a jabber for iphone/android/windows with the same user (DN),

then I need an additional UCL Enhanced, rigth?

In this case I need one UCL Basic (for the phone) + one UCL Enhanced (for jabber), rigth?

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards