Views
Helpful
Replies

About UCL Basic Licenses

Rafael Jimenez
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I have 500 UCL Basic licenses, about 100 7821 ip phones. 

Also I have 10 UCL Enhanced licenses and 25 UWL Pro licenses.

I need Cisco Jabber for smartphone (and PC) for more than 35(10+25) users. At least 60.

Its possible to use all those remaining Basic licenses (400)to enable cisco jabber for iphone (and windows) without an upgrade from basic to enhanced?.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Basic UCL: User-based licenses for individual Cisco Unified Communications products. Each includes applications server software
and user licensing for a single device supported by the Essential UCL or Basic UCL functions. These licenses also provide on-premises instant
messaging clients and presence software for the entire organization
Device types supported
Analog, fax
Unified SIP Phone 3905 and Unified IP Phone 6901
Unified IP Phone 7811 and 7821 endpoints

You can use Basic to provide IM/P services but you need to have Enhanced at a minimum for Jabber soft phone capabilities

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Basic UCL: User-based licenses for individual Cisco Unified Communications products. Each includes applications server software
and user licensing for a single device supported by the Essential UCL or Basic UCL functions. These licenses also provide on-premises instant
messaging clients and presence software for the entire organization
Device types supported
Analog, fax
Unified SIP Phone 3905 and Unified IP Phone 6901
Unified IP Phone 7811 and 7821 endpoints

You can use Basic to provide IM/P services but you need to have Enhanced at a minimum for Jabber soft phone capabilities

Just small update to correct response from Mike (+5), IM/P consumes no license as there is no device built for it.  Jabber phone device (CSF, TCT, TAB, BOT) will consume at minimum Enhanced. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-communications-licensing/C45_523902_11_9_licensing_aag_v5a_1.pdf

Chris

I thought the license substitution may work.

Another question.

If I have an 69XX or 7821 ip phone with an associated user (DN), this use a UCL Basic license.

If I want a jabber for iphone/android/windows with the same user (DN),

then I need an additional UCL Enhanced, rigth?

In this case I need one UCL Basic (for the phone) + one UCL Enhanced (for jabber), rigth?

For to associate user this jabber device you need Enhanced licence. But if you want associate user with two device (jabber and 7821, for example) you need Enhanced Plus licence, and Basic licence not be used. For associate 3-10 device to one user you need UWL Standard licence.

But one can use Basic UCL if the device is just for only audio and video call.No association with jabber

If you have a phone model that requires only a Basic license such 7811/7821/etc and the user is associated with a single device only or the device is not associated to any user, then Basic will do just fine.  If you have a Jabber device configured in CUCM and no other devices tied to the user then Enhanced license is required.

Thanks for the clarification. Does cisco 8800 or 8900 support Basic UCL?

No, you need Enhanced for those.

Thanks Deren,
I have made wrong recommendation. The customer wants only video and audio
basic telephony using cisco 8865 ip phone.
So,only 7900 support Basic UCL

What does this license:
"CON-ECMU-UCM2XENH SWSS UPGRADES BE6000 UCM 12X Enh User Connect license" mean?
Is it an upgrade from lower version to version 12. If one is purchasing a brand new BE6H-M5-K9 version 12,he does not need that license.

Hello Mike,

Does Basic UCL also support 8900 and 8865(wireless phones) end points? You did not include those as supported devices for Basic UCL

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: