cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Absolute newbie on Cisco UC, need some help

signet
Level 1
Level 1

We use Cisco ISR2 routers in large parts of our network for business customers on fiber and DSL connections. We are investigating how to implement unified communications on these routers, but the variety of interfaces, modules and licenses is pretty hard to understand.

Our need is pretty straightforward :

- A router doing regular routing and QoS for the network

- Terminate a SIP trunk from the router

- Terminate several IP phones from Cisco or third-party SIP phones on the router

- Voicemail support

- No need for FXO/FXS support

- Fax to e-mail would come in handy

- <= 25 users

I think that i need the following :

- Cisco CISCO2901-V/K9

- Cisco ISM-SRE-300-K9 with Unity Express

Am i missing something (licenses for instance)? If someone can put me in the right direction it will make my day

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Since you are Cisco partner, You can open case at cisco.com/go/ph and they will be able to help you with the part number. It is free service to partners.

Why you need CUBE :- Because you are connection SIP service provider for your PSTN calls and you will need CUBE functionality of Cisco routers to connect your VOIP network to Service provider network.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Please rate helpful posts by clicking stars below the answer.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

HI

If you want to make phone regester to router. you will need cme or srst license also. You will also need CUBE license.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Can you tell me the part numbers from Cisco i need for this and why? The CUBE is new for me.

Hi

Since you are Cisco partner, You can open case at cisco.com/go/ph and they will be able to help you with the part number. It is free service to partners.

Why you need CUBE :- Because you are connection SIP service provider for your PSTN calls and you will need CUBE functionality of Cisco routers to connect your VOIP network to Service provider network.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: