Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Denied: CUCM Licensing Bulk Capabilities Assignment for CUPS

Alex Alp Bahar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am building a CUPS 8.5 server. On CUCM 8.5 Administration System->Licensing->Capabilities Assignment->Bulk Assignment is giving me an error.

Access to the requested resource has been denied.

The attempted action was a violation of security protocols and will not be allowed. Please try another action.

Find and List Capabilities Assignments - Windows Internet Explorer_2011-02-11_12-48-00.jpg

I noticed that the Bulk Assignment button is crossed out with a red sign.

I can assign CUP/CUPS by clicking on the users individually.

Any ideas why this might be happenning?

Regards,

Alp

3 Replies 3

Hi Alp,

That's a defect

CSCtk98330

Currently there is no workaround other than assigning the capabilities manually.

Hope this clarifies things!

Christos

rsmith-inx
Level 4
Level 4

While Bulk Assignment doesn't work in the GUI, it is still possible to do Capabilities Assignment in CUCM 8.5 using the Bulk Administration Tool.  Format the comma-separated file according to the instructions in the View Sample File link in Bulk Administration -> CUPS -> Update CUPS/CUPC Users:

User ID,Enable CUP,Enable CUPC
xmzhou,t,t
ddaiker,t,f
|____|  | |
   |    |  |
   |    |  |
   |    |  |
   |    |  |

|    | Enable CUPC (1 char, mandatory)
   |    |
   |     Enable CUP (1 char, mandatory)
   |
   |
   User ID ( 1 to 128 characters,  mandatory)

Upload the file in Bulk Administration -> Upload/Download files as a CUP Users target and Update CUP Users transaction type, then apply the file in the CUPS user update page where you got the sample file.

Hello,

I am getting the same error when doing a bulk assignment. Could you please advise how to assign the capabilities manually?

Regards,

Chandrasen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: