Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access to Federated Domains through Intra-Domain Federation

Hi All,

We are looking at having Lync and Jabber running in unison. Currently I have intra-Domain Federation working and playing nicely. I am now looking to extend the capability of the federation by enabling Jabber users to access Lync federated SIP domains via the Lync Edge. But also I would like to allow Lync users to access XMPP federated domains via the CUCM IM&P Server.

Currently I have CUCM + CUCM IM&P 9.1 Federated with Lync 2013.

I added an addition static route on the Lync 2013 Server for cisco.com and pointed it to the trusted application pool of the routing presence nodes.

I can see the SIP SUBSCRIBE messages getting to the IM&P node. It then procedes to attempt a connection to cisco.com via SIP TLS, instead of translating to to XMPP like I hoped it would. This is probably the expected behaviour of the SIP proxy on the IM&P server.

So essentially the question is

•      Is there any way known to force it to translate the sip SIMPLE to xmpp for domains that don't exist inside the enterprise.

Any help is appreciated.

regards,

Zack

2 Replies 2

j.house
Level 4
Level 4

Were you able to get this working?

Hi,

Unfortunately I found no way of getting this to work. So if you are in a situation where you have Lync and Jabber on the same SIP domain, there is no way I found to get Lync to contact XMPP federated partners through CUCM IM&P. 

This was a little while ago, and I have not attempted it since. So it may work with newer versions, but I wouldn't bet money on it.

regards,

Zack