Helpful
Replies

Ad-hoc

yogesh bhalerao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guyz,

May b awiered Question but this is my users requirement

I have CCM 8.5 and Cisco 7942 IP Phones,I have users who want to do Internal Call Conference up to 6-7 users at a time and call outside users 2-3,

Cisco 7942 only has maximum 4 calls,so is there any other Feature in CCM that can help me out,

Thanks in Advance

4 Replies 4

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Maximum Ad Hoc Conference service parameter

setting. The default value for this Clusterwide Service Parameter is

4. If you have more than 4 participants in the conference, you need to change the default value for this service parameter to allow all the participants to join the conference. Cisco CallManager supports multiple, concurrent ad hoc conferences on each line appearance of a device.Configure the maximum number of participants for an ad hoc conference in Cisco CallManager Administration under Cisco CallManager Service Parameters Configuration by using the Maximum Ad Hoc Conference service parameter setting. The default value for this Clusterwide Service Parameter is 4. If you have more than 4 participants in the conference, you need to change the default value for this service parameter to allow all the participants to join the conference. Cisco CallManager supports multiple, concurrent ad hoc conferences on each line appearance of a device

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008009476a.shtml

Thanks Steven Sir,

I more question AD-HOC(it represents internal extension-to-extension calling) Am i right??

I will do the needful as you said but 1more thing,suppose i change the parameters for xtension #1111 to 8

Then the AD-Hoc calling will be 8 but will she be able to dial outside and take those ppl in confrence with these AD-HOC ppl

Here is a newer document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_0_1/ccmsys/a05confb.html

Adhoc conferencing can engage external parties.

The parameter is global, so it's not that you'll change it only for 1111.

And assuming you CSS allows you to dial to the PSTN, you can conference them.

It's meet-me that needs to be reachable from the PSTN or via CUC/Unity that you need to worry, not ad-hoc.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: