cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add a Prefix to the Missed Call Number

m.pouncey
Level 1
Level 1

Reference instructions on  http://www.cisco.com/image/gif/paws/68223/digit2.pdf  

Step 4 states:

Create a translation pattern with the 20XX

pattern, or one that matches the internal dialing plan (see

arrow A in Figure 2).

Issue:  I use an extension (example:1234) and this feature works great.  When I use wildcards (example:1XXX) , this feature does not work.

Question 1:  why do wildcards prevent this feature from working?

Step 5c states:

Choose Internal_Phones CSS from the Calling Search Space drop−down list.

Question 2: What is special about the Internal_Phones CSS? I have found I can use just about any exisitng CSS I have and the feature works.

3 Replies 3

Hi refer to the documation that you provided from the link, I wonder to know what is the output / display of calling id on the ip phone shown?

The translation pattern and transformation pattern are two differnt patterns to change the number. For the translation pattern is used to match the number which is from the directory number (DN) whether it is matched to process the call routing.

The transformation pattern is used to change the telephone number whether calling or called number to different format. For the calling number, the correct redial outbound calling number is shown on the called party telephone.
For the called number, it is transform the internal to external number (inter-site calling or PSTN)

Question 1:  why do wildcards prevent this feature from working?

For your q1, can you please provide the screen shoot of the called party display?

Step 5c states:

Choose Internal_Phones CSS from the Calling Search Space drop−down list.

Question 2: What is special about the Internal_Phones CSS? I have found I can use just about any exisitng CSS I have and the feature works.

The CSS is a calling search space. it is used to restrict the device from the device pool to make a call from particular number. Simplicity, it is a key(CSS) to unlock the destination (Partition). You need to create your own CSS for the internal phone. In the documentation, it is an example for you. If you do not configure the CSS, it does not make any different for the practice. However, it may not allow your phone to make a call for particular distination because of lack of key to unlock.

Log number 1 is the calling party number when the Translation pattern is configured as 1234.

Log number 2 is the calling party number when the Translation pattern is configured as 1XXX.

It doesn't work with wildcard because of the best match rule for digit analysis.
What you're seeing is the expected behavior, if you want further explanation, review the dial plan chapter from SRND

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate