cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add custom field to CUCM phone device information page

pradorobin
Level 1
Level 1

In CUCM v11.5,  I'm trying to add a field to the phone database such that administrator-defined information can be added to a specific device MAC, and be seen from the CUCM GUI phone device page.  Ideally, I'd like to add 2 fields that can be populated with information -- one for an inventory barcode number (14 characters), and one for other configuration notes (maybe 50 characters) for special notations.  Has anyone done this?  Are there documents on the process?  And, once created, can the info be bulk-added to the devices?

4 Replies 4

Simply not possible. The database is not open for modifications and if you hack your way in you can say goodbye to any support.

Response Signature

Ah, good to know. Was just trying to simplify things, instead of looking
it up separately everytime the info is needed. But a notes field would
certainly be a good addition to the system in future versions. That's been
needed for a long while. Thanks!

jimmy.cormier
Level 1
Level 1

I've the same concern. I would like to have employeeId for line inventory

lior look
Level 5
Level 5

you can't change the database scheme but why don't you use the description field for this propose.

in some tables you have additional field called "Cisco support", you can try use it also

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: