Views
Helpful
Replies

Add NTP Server fail CUCM 8.5

nexth0pself
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Kindly need your help. I've got problem when trying to add new ntp server on CUCM 8.5.1.2100.

I'm trying to update via CLI and Operating System Administration but the result was same, it says

"The system is currently  locked by another process. Please try again later."

The reason why I add new ntp server because existing ntp server registered on my cucm has already die / not used anymore.

So I think if I just keep the old one and add new NTP server I don't need to rehost rather than I delete that NTP server and add new NTP server.

Did anyone experienced same issue above? Or anyone know how to fix issue above?

I'm very appreciate to all of you that help and contribute on this discussion

Thank You,

Best Regards,

Nanda Nurhadyan       

Best Regards,

Nanda Nurhadyan
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nanda,

I have seen a few cases like this. Try restarting the DRF Master Agent service on the Publisher and also do a 'utils ntp restart'. It should allow you to make the changes. Please let us know if it works.

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nanda,

I have seen a few cases like this. Try restarting the DRF Master Agent service on the Publisher and also do a 'utils ntp restart'. It should allow you to make the changes. Please let us know if it works.

HTH

Manish

Hi Nanda,

Is the issue taken care of?

Manish

Hi Manish,

You're correct , after reset DRF Master Agent Service on Serviceability Publisher I can add new ntp server without utils ntp restart. Do you know what happen with DRF Master Agent Service ? why I must do restart that service?

Thankyou very much

Best Regards,

Nanda Nurhadyan

Best Regards,

Nanda Nurhadyan

Hi Nanda,

I'm glad that its working now. There was a bug

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsr87199

Although it does not appear to refer to NTP or the latest cucm versions but i did see some cases in our database where it was referenced for NTP related issues like yours.

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: