cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a new mailstore/new domain to Unity

sienz.sienz
Level 1
Level 1

Is permission wizard will do it all to add a new mailstore/new domain to the Unity?

We have Unity 5.0 with Exchange 2003.   We have one exchange server, several domains within the network and several mail stores.

The original Unity only contains 1 domain (AAA) with 3 mail stores.   We need to add users in the domain BBB and these users are located in the different mail stores.

Please confirm and thank you for the inputs.

-sienz

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Yes, the permissions wizard will add both new domains and new mailstores.  When you add the new domain, if you will be adding subscribers to Unity from multiple OUs, add the new domain like this - xyz.com/ instead of something like xyz.com/users.  Also, once you do this and run the PW, you will see the new domain controller for domain xyz appear in your Cisco Unity Tools Depot under the DCGC Reconnect Tool and msgs from the AvDsAD service synchronizing in your application event log.

Regards, Ginger

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Yes, the permissions wizard will add both new domains and new mailstores.  When you add the new domain, if you will be adding subscribers to Unity from multiple OUs, add the new domain like this - xyz.com/ instead of something like xyz.com/users.  Also, once you do this and run the PW, you will see the new domain controller for domain xyz appear in your Cisco Unity Tools Depot under the DCGC Reconnect Tool and msgs from the AvDsAD service synchronizing in your application event log.

Regards, Ginger

Hi Ginger, thank you for your reply.

I was trying to add a "new domain" user last night and got the access denied but i can see the user from unity.  But after i run PW, i can add a "new domain" user.  I also just checked the DC in the DCGC Reconnect Settings Tool and saw all of the DC in our network.  So it seems it is ok now

I will change the AD containers to AAA.com/, currently it has AAA.com/user and BBB.com/BBB. I was trying to be specific since it was AAA.com/user. I guess we should do AAA.com/ so it can cover more.

Is there any more action that we need to take for adding a new domain/mailstore to Unity?

Also, just want to confirm, In the CUCM, we just need to add the OU for this new domain so we can assign a user?

Hi - You are welcome!  I think you are asking about the Search base to use in your CUCM LDAP integration.  You can have 5 different search criteria, I believe.  So adding one or modifying your existing one depends on how many users you want to import from AD into your CUCM database.  For example, using the previous post for Unity to use xyz.com, if you wanted to import all users in that domain to CUCM, you would use dc=xyz,dc=com.  There is a super document that shows this is great detail, sending you the link for your reference - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/directry.html#wp1044981

You also asked if there was anything more you needed to do in Unity - I don't think so.  Try doing a test import of one user from the BBB domain.  Running the PW allows the unitydirsvc account to update the CiscoEscbu* specific schema in the user account as it is being imported.  You should see the Unity SA web appear with the new user.  If you receive an error during the import, it could be permissions related.

Regards, Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: