Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a second extension for a Remote Destination

Hello again everyone, have a question regarding adding a 2nd extension to a user's Remote Destination. I have a user that is currently tied into a RDP for a hotline that rings his, and two other's cell phones after hours. This user now also wants to add his desk phone to ring him in addition to the hotline. 

The issue I am running into is I cannot create a profile for his cell, as it already exists, and I cannot add his direct extension to the RDP that his cell is related to, as this will ring the other two numbers on this RDP. Is there a way I can set this up to have both extensions ring his cell? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Glad you got it resolved.

Dennis Sutphin Jr.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dsutphin
Level 1
Level 1

So curious could you not just do a call forward no answer on the desk phone and put the users cell number there with the appropriate CSS to all the phone to call off net. Now this would not give the same experience of simultaneous ringing but the call would roll to the cell after the CFNA time expires. Just a thought. I am sure someone smarter than i will have another solution.

Dennis

Dennis Sutphin Jr.

No, the phone is going to voicemail not the cell phone.

Edit: And because I was overthinking this, I realized all I needed to do was use the existing profile and NOT assign the line to the other users on that RDP.

Glad you got it resolved.

Dennis Sutphin Jr.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: