cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Addon UCM 9.x licenses for existing deployment

yiqinc2004
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone please throw some light on the UCM Addon licenses we need to pick for existing deployment.

Scenario: I want to migrate 1000 DLU's to 9.x for which i will pick 'LIC-CUCM-9X-ENH-B' under R-UCL-UCM-LIC-K9 bundle and I need additional 300 enhanced plus users. Do I need to pick the same bundle twice - since Cisco does not allow me to select both migration skus and addon skus under the bundle 'R-UCL-UCM-LIC-K9' at one instance.

I remember earlier we had 'CUCM-USR-LIC-ADD' bundle for 8.5/8.6 where we can select addon users - do we have any such bundle for 9.x.

7 Replies 7

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The same SKU is now used for both add-on and new users unlike before.

Thanks

Srini

Thankyou Srini, so I understand now that I need to pick two R-UCL-UCM-LIC-K9 bundles - one for migrating 1000 DLU's and the other new enhanced plus users.

1. R-UCL-UCM-LIC-K9

--> MIG-CUCM-USR-B  - 1000 in quantity for migrating 1000 DLU's to enhanced users.

2. R-UCL-UCM-LIC-K9

--> LIC-CUCM-9X-ENHP-A  - 300 in quantity for new enhanced plus users.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Not necessarily. You can order both SKUs under the same Top Level i.e. R-UCL-UCM-LIC-K9.

Regards,

Praveen

You can use the same sku if it validates and if it doesn't split the way you have either way is good

Thanks

Srini

1000 DLU's does not mean you need 1000 Enhanced Licenses.

Have you run a License Count Utility against your CUCM server?  The spreadsheet it generates will help you determine the number and license level required. You can also run an Upgrade check using the iPAD app.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id650114526?mt=8

We need to upgrade existing 35 Basic License to 30 Enhanced Plus and 5 Enhanced. Please let me know what is the TOP LEVEL SKU for Upgrading existing UCL licenses ?

For additional information and access to partner resources, I recommend you also post this question to the Cisco Partner Community in the Product Licensing space.

Product Licensing

Hope this helps.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for Cisco Customer Communities