Views
Helpful
Replies

Advice and Info for Unified Workforce Optimization v. 11.5 Software Deployment

A P
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My company will be updating our Cisco Unified Workforce Optimization from v10.5 to v11.5 soon. I'd like some information on the install process to prepare for automated software deployment of these installs on 100 + client computers.

The install for 10.5 is a process for us:

1. Install "Cisco Unified WFO Monitoring and Recording Recording.msi"
  2. Computer Restarts
  3. Install "Cisco Unified WFO Monitoring and Recording Recording Release 6.msi"
  4. IF Supervisor: Install "Cisco Unified WFO Monitoring and Recording Administrator.msi"
  5. IF Supervisor: Also Install "Cisco Screen Player Plug-in.exe"

Is the client install for 11.5 just as cumbersome? I'd really appreciate it if someone could let me know the step-by-step process for regular employees and supervisors. Also, is running an automated deployment for this process easy? Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for any help!

-A

5 Replies 5

Mr W
Level 1
Level 1

Hello AP,

have you found the step by step process? I am also planning a new deployment with UCCX 11.5 and CUCM 11.5

the Cisco deployment guide does not provide much details.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Mr W,

I have not found the step-by-step process yet, but I will update this post when I do. Sorry I can't be of more help yet.

-AP

Hello Mr W,

I thought I'd follow up as we finally deployed the new version. The new install at least for the client computers was incredibly simple and was the easiest part of our deployment. It turned out to be just one msi file for the install. I'll go through all the details for you in case you need more info.

Computer requirements for Cisco Unified Workforce Optimization v11.5:

-Windows Media Player enabled for Windows 7 computers (usually already there by default)

-Windows Media Player enabled for Windows 8.1 computers (usually already there by default)

-IE 11 (32 bit in Desktop mode only) for Windows 10 computers (usually already there by default)

-Managers will need the Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package for recording playback

-IE 9 or higher for playback (The "IE Tab" extension can be used for Chrome if that's what the user prefers, but will use the IE version installed on the computer)

Uninstall Process for Cisco Unified Workforce Optimization v10.5:

-Uninstall the Cisco Player Plugin (using Registry uninstall path) --- about 20 seconds

Make and run a batch file with this command: 

"C:\Windows\unins000.exe" /SILENT

-Uninstall the Cisco WFO Patch 6 (if you have it installed) --- Restarts computer, allow 5 minutes

Batch file with command:

MsiExec.exe /X{2633929C-021E-4950-9B13-B4B40783C746} /q

-Uninstall the Cisco WFO Patch 5 (if installed) --- takes about 1-3 minutes

Batch file with command:

MsiExec.exe /X{0E9E9C42-ED3E-4852-8850-BE991C47A691} /q

-Uninstall Cisco WFO Recording Recording --- Restarts computer after about 1 minute, allow 5 minutes total

Batch file with command:

MsiExec.exe /X{BE9215E1-9968-4362-873A-77008258B6F6} /q

-Uninstall Cisco WFO Admin (if installed) --- Allow 1- 3 minutes, good idea to restart computer but not forced with uninstall

Batch file with one-line command:

msiexec.exe /x "Cisco Unified WFO Monitoring and Recording Administrator.msi" ALLUSERS=1 /qn /forcerestart /log output.log

This was the most reliable uninstall process I could find. However, there were some computers that I needed to uninstall the same programs a few times because they would magically repopulate after uninstall. I used PDQ Deploy and PDQ Inventory for this process and it worked pretty well.

Cisco WFO v11.5 Install Proces

-Confirm old version completely uninstalled (PDQ Inventory was helpful for this)

-Run batch file with one-line command, make sure to rename the name of the msi to match your msi file:

msiexec.exe /i "NEW Cisco Unified WFO Monitoring and Recording Recording.msi" ALLUSERS=1          /qn /norestart /log output.log

-Install Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package on computers where the users will be playing back the recordings

NOTE: Cisco reported a bug that can sometimes cause screen recordings to be black. We are uninstalling the new version we installed, patching it, and then reinstalling with the patched MSI file to fix the issue. Unfortunately I couldn't find any information on this issue through Google or Cisco's website.

Hopefully this helps you or other people who are working through this lengthy, convoluted process. Feel free to ask any questions. I'll try my best to respond to any comments/questions.

Thanks,

AP

I am trying to uninstall the Cisco Unified WFO Monitoring and Recording.msi without it rebooting, but I haven't been able to get the switches to work. Here is what i have so far: 

Execute-Process -Path "msiexec.exe" -Parameters "/x {BE9215E1-9968-4362-873A-77008258B6F6} /qn"

I am trying to remove this software and then have it kick off a new version of Calabrio Monitoring and Recording in a powershell script for the Powershell toolkit and have it deploy within SCCM.