cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

After upgrade to latest Device Pack -- auto ring down

dshumake
Level 4
Level 4

After upgrading my call manger to 8.6.2.21900-5 and the latest device pac I am getting to follow issues.

phones types:  7942, 7945,7975, 8941,7962

all phones are affected and the problem move to a difference device

the user pickup the handset or speaker, then the phone will auto dial the last number.  if you reset the phone it will temporary fix. the problem will come back  in a day or two.

Now if we downgrade to 9.2.1 all is good. but the lastest firmware fix a lot other issues.

any ideal what the issues is.

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Derrick,

It sounds like this bug;

Community Discussion on CSCtz29414 - Cisco Support Community

7975 dial random numbers when off hook

Folks,  We opened a TAC for this, and Cisco got a fix for new defect CSCtz29414  will be made available in the 9.3.1 firmware release, scheduled for  June. Affected Phones for us 7942 7962 7945 7965

Author: ciscoratheeshkumarm    Date: May 1, 2012    Answered: No    Latest activity: May 1, 2012

CUCM 7.1.5 Random auto dial last missed call problem

Folks,  We opened a TAC for this, and Cisco got a fix for new defect CSCtz29414  will be made available in the 9.3.1 firmware release, scheduled for  June. Affected Phones for us 7942 7962 7945 7965

Cheers!

Rob

"Always movin' ahead and never lookin' back" - Springsteen

we are using the latest device pack for 8.6.2 which came out in July. 

Derrick,

What is the firmware version that was installed with the device pack?

Latest device pack does not indicate latest firmware file, I suggest 9.2.3 or 9.3.1 loads.

Chris

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Derrick,

I believe the latest device pack contains the 9.3.1 firmware but you'll need a

firmware with the "fixed-in" version. I would contact TAC

CSCtz29414 - 7942/7962 - Call History is Auto-Dialed When Pressing Speaker Button

Description

Symptom:
When a 7942/62 phone is  populated with call history records (e.g. received/placed/missed calls),  the endpoint will auto-dial the number contained in its call history  when the speaker button is pressed.
Conditions:
IP Phone Call  History contains Received/Placed/Missed Phone number record prior to  pressing speaker button to go off-hook.  Phone will continue to  auto-dial the number listed in Call History once error condition is  experienced.
Workaround:
Reset IP Phone to clear error condition.

Details

First Found in:                          (1)

9.2(3)

Fixed

Last Modified:

Aug 02,2012

Fixed in:                          (3)

9.3(1)TH2.2,9.2(3)MN1.22,9.2(3)ES7

Product:

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7900 Series

Platform:

Dependent

Severity:

3 - moderate

Cheers!

Rob

"Always movin' ahead and never lookin' back" - Springsteen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: