Views
Helpful
Replies

AIM-CUE CF Card Issue

gohlex8848
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Hope someone can assist me on the following issue.

I've an AIM-CUE module which one day after the power cycle, I got the following error during the module boot up.

"Not a cisco supported CF. Please use cisco supported CF and reinstall the software."

Understand my CF card could be toasted as it can't even detected by the card reader.

I've hence doing some google and saw the original AIM-CUE-1GBCF= cost even more than the module itself.

then someone mentioned an CF card with 2001888 sectors could be a cheaper replacement.

I've success to found two 1GB CF card with the same sector (one of it is cisco router mem cf 1gb), and since have a chance to borrow the other working AIM-CUE CF card on hand, I've used fedora core 15 and "DDed" the working CF to an Image with the following command

"dd if=/dev/sdb of=/image bs=32768"

and write the image to the two card that i've bought, but guess what i've not gotten any luck on this.

Still after using the bootloader to initialize the module, i still getting the "not a cisco supported CF" error.

By any chance anyone sucessfully to run AIM-CUE on other CF card that can shed some light?

P/S I'm using this module for my CCIE lab preparation, and it is a used unit, hence there isn't anyway I could do RMA : (

Regards,

Alex

Not a cisco supported CF. Please use cisco supported CF and reinstall the softw
are.
3 Replies 3

gohlex8848
Level 1
Level 1

Any kind soul able to help?

HEy I know this is old, but were you able to solve this ? I have a AIM-CUE module that doesnt have a CF card and buying the CF card would be more expensive then the CUE it self. SO I`m looking at the alternativies...

this post would help you

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/10638601/aim-cue-and-compactflash-memory

best regards

had a great day . best regards, and rate if you'll find this post useful
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: