Views
Helpful
Replies

Alert for *Voicemail to Email* Failure

gretchen1983
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Unity Connection version: 11.5.1.12900-21

We have "voicemail to email" set up.  It works great.  Most of our users are road warriors, so they need the voicemails in their email and can't use their physical desk phone.

Skipping the long story, occasionally we have a link that goes down and voicemails can't get to Office365.  After a day or so the road warriors start screaming that they've missed important messages.  

What would be the best way to get an alert or warning if Unity Cxn can't deliver a voicemail to email?  

One option would be to run a ping on Unity Cxn to the Outlook365, and if it doesn't get a reply send me an email (different email server of course).  

I'm hoping there is some log or trace in RTMT that could do this.  

We also monitor Unity Cxn with SNMP, and if there's an alert that way it would fit perfectly into the other alarms we have set up, like high CPU, services down, etc.  

I appreciate any thoughts or suggestions. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you're referring to mail relay, and not notifications or single inbox, as far as I know you can look at CuMTA traces somehow maybe to see what happens when it tries to dispatch mail to the external "smart host". It may contain information about message delivery failures, I'm not sure. 

If you have an external MTA and you're not sending it right to O365 from your Unity Connection machine, perhaps that allows you to monitor the send queue there and make sure mail is being sent. 

I don't know if that triggers an alarm on failure to send and parsing logs is annoying, externally monitoring your link (?) or similar is probably a better option. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you're referring to mail relay, and not notifications or single inbox, as far as I know you can look at CuMTA traces somehow maybe to see what happens when it tries to dispatch mail to the external "smart host". It may contain information about message delivery failures, I'm not sure. 

If you have an external MTA and you're not sending it right to O365 from your Unity Connection machine, perhaps that allows you to monitor the send queue there and make sure mail is being sent. 

I don't know if that triggers an alarm on failure to send and parsing logs is annoying, externally monitoring your link (?) or similar is probably a better option. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: