cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Allow caller to permanantly change a variable in a Unity Express AA script

bascheew
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to allow a caller to change a variable permanently so that when they hang up it's stored for all subsequent callers?  Using the "set" operator within the CUE Editor I can allow a caller to change a variable but the change is only for that caller's session, so it's not a persistent change.

You might be wondering why I would want this.  We have a customer that has an auto-attendant that should play one of about 10 professionally recorded greetings during different times depending on a list of scenarios.  The changes cannot be scheduled or predicted, they just need to be able to change them on-demand.  We have given the customer access to the CUE GUI so that they can change the parameter for the greeting file and that works great while they are in the office or at home.  But if they are out on the road they want to be able to call in to make the change.  So I tested using a hidden menu in their CUE script and I can successfully change the variables based on digits dialed, but the problem is the changes don't stick.  So as soon as they hangup the parameter remains unchanged.

Any ideas?

Another way I could accomplish this would be if there was a way that they could remotely change a call forward all setting for a DN through a TUI.   Then I could make it work based on the referring DN coming into the script, but from what I've researched, it's not possible to alter CFA from offsite with feature access codes.  You have to be using a phone with the DN assigned to it for FACs to work.

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bnandan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Instead of using 'set', can you try using 'Set Application Parameter' to achieve this.

Please follow below link for sample script details and more information on 'Set Application Parameter'.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_0/administrator/script/stpref.html#wp1375410

Please let us know if that helped.

Thanks,

Bhavya

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

bnandan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Instead of using 'set', can you try using 'Set Application Parameter' to achieve this.

Please follow below link for sample script details and more information on 'Set Application Parameter'.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_0/administrator/script/stpref.html#wp1375410

Please let us know if that helped.

Thanks,

Bhavya

Thank you, that's exactly what I needed and it works great!

This is a somewhat unrelated question but if you know the answer thank you in advance.  In the script that I created, whenever I get to the "End" step to leave the AA I always get a message that says "I'm sorry we are currently experience system problems and are unable to process your call.  Please try again later."  I was expecting the script to just hangup on End but that's not the case.  Any thoughts?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: