cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Allowing users to set their own CUCM User PIN

Tim Schroeder
Level 4
Level 4

So as far as I can see, the only way to set a user's PIN for use with Personal Address Book service is to use the CUCM Administration pages, right?

There is a place in the Self Care Portal under General Settings --> Phone Services PIN. The description says "This PIN is used for Extension Mobility, Self-Provisioning and other IP phone services". However, this does not seem to work with the Personal Address Book service.

I am hoping there is a way for users to set their own PIN -- Having an Admin set every PIN would be a nightmare....

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tim,

I'm not sure what CUCM version you are running (note: there are "fixed-in" versions) but you may be hitting this bug;

changing PIN on selfcare showed successful but actually failed
CSCva25596
Symptom:
when change user PIN from CUCM selfcare page. New PIN saves successfully but the PIN doesn't reflect.

User still needs to use the old PIN to login personal directory.

No PIN synchronization configured.

Conditions:
CUCM 11.5.1.10000-6

Workaround:
CUCM admin to update PIN on ccmadmin page for users

No, this is 10.5.2 and the bug affects 11.5

Tim Schroeder
Level 4
Level 4

Turns out the Personal Address Book as an IP service operates differently than the Personal Directory which is accessed using the Directories button. When using the Personal Directory, the PIN can be set by an admin using CUCM administration, or by the user using the Self Care Portal

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Tim,

Thanks for the kind follow up here! (+5) It's always great to hear the results on these threads.

Cheers!

Rob