cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Allowing users to switch call handler to Closed - outside of a schedule?

I have an interesting request from a user of a system call handler.  On slow days, they would like the option to close their office early and force the system to follow it's "closed" routine.  I am running Cisco Unity Connection 8.6.2.

I can't think of any way to do this other than to go in on their behalf and drop a short "holiday" into a custom holiday schedule to black out those hours that they would otherwise be open.  But I don't want to have to do this every time they ask.  Also, if I am not available when they need to close, this causes an inconvenience to them.

Is there a way that they can go into Unity (through a desk set) and move their call handler into a closed status?  Or does anyone have a clever way of handling this?

Thanks,

-Steve Ballantyne

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jeff.singh_2
Level 3
Level 3

if you gave the users access to greetings administrator then they could via a TUI enable the alternate greeting (overides all other greeting regardless of schedules etc) and then the after greeting action could follow whatever sequence is required for closed routine.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsag060.html

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jeff.singh_2
Level 3
Level 3

if you gave the users access to greetings administrator then they could via a TUI enable the alternate greeting (overides all other greeting regardless of schedules etc) and then the after greeting action could follow whatever sequence is required for closed routine.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsag060.html

Thank you Jeff!  Wasn't sure where to begin - but it looks like my path for this is to:

1) Decide who among the users should be in "charge of the call handler" and make them owners of it.

2) Set a Caller Input rule in the call handler that will lead them to Conversation > Greetings Administrator.

Pretty easy from there.

Thanks again for the quick response.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: