Views
Helpful
Replies

Anonymous Unity Mailbox

mmilligan11
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Problem Summery: CUCMS delivers voicemail message to exchange mailbox including caller ID information (phone number and name) which is not acceptable for an anonymous line.

I have been tasked with creating a anonymous hotline that anyone internally or externally can contact. Ideally, the caller would leave a voicemail which would then be forwarded via CUCMS to a regularly monitored exchange mailbox. No user monitoring the mailbox should be able to see the phone number or name of the caller. 

• I created a non LDAP integrated user in Unity and assigned it a non DID number.
  • Next I created a CTI Route Point in CUCM and tied it to the same number.
  • I then configured CUCMS for that user/account to forward to an exchange mailbox
  • At this point I was able to confirm anyone could call the number and be directed to the voicemail
  • Unity does then send an email to the required mailbox but it includes caller ID information in the subject and message body of the email

Any assistance or advice in how to address this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Environment: CUCM 9.1.1.2, CUC 9.1.2.1

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I haven't tested this out but you might try creating a translation pattern in CUCM and set the calling party line/name to restricted. You'll need to use two separate numbers - one for the translation, one for the CTI route point/mailbox. For example, make the translation pattern 1111 and the called party transform mask 1112. The DN of the route point and the mailbox extension should both be 1112.

Brandon

Tony
Level 1
Level 1

Hey mmilligan11,

Were you able to find a solution this issue?  I was just presented a very similar requirement.  I've been able to mask all pstn calls as anonymous but any internal call to our "Anonymous Hotline" displays the users caller id display name.  

I configured a translation pattern to redirect to a CTI RP and changed all settings to Restricted / Unk and set the xform mask to all 9's however the ASCII Display (Caller ID) from the phone is still being sent.

We unfortunately never did find an ideal solution. The client determined they no longer needed a completely anonymous mailbox.