Views
Helpful
Replies

Another "debug ccapi" question

JasunKAR
Level 1
Level 1

Howdy!

I'm running debug ccapi non-call on our cubes.  I would assume based off documentation, this means options messages would be in the logs without all the invite/ack/bye etc you get from calls.  I'm tryin to monitor keepalives that stop working.

Logging level is debugging.  I see keepalives when I do debug ccapi messages but I don't want all the garbage from calls in my logs when I'm troubleshooting this.  Is this something like a message only shows up in logs from debug ccapi non-call if the keepalive fails?

This is really all there is in docs I've found from Cisco:

SIP Call flows

These debugs are the most commonly used for SIP call flows and they can be enabled inside CUBE and TDM Gateways with a SIP Leg between the Router and CUCM or any other SIP Server/Proxy.

Basic SIP Debugs

debug ccsip messages
debug ccsip error
debug ccsip non-call !Optional, applies for SIP OPTIONS and SIP REGISTER Messages.

2 Replies 2

Scott Leport
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I assume you meant to say "debug ccsip non-call"?

That's what the documentation says, but that's not my experience, specifically with the non-call debug. I am not seeing any SIP OPTIONS ping or REGISTER messages when enabling non-call. But when enabling ccsip messages, I see OPTIONS and REGISTER messages.

Tried it on an ISR4K and a CAT8000v both in the 17.X version of IOS and it's the exact same result for both.

hah yessir ccsip sorry.  I've been doing a lot of API scripting work lately so API is on the brain.

Thanks for having a look!  I appreciate it.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: