cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect for Cisco VPN Phone which Part Number to enable this?

uwe.zillner
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we need a License for our ASA5520

=> AnyConnect for Cisco VPN Phone

to test the new VPN Feature available for the IP Phones with UCM8

but we could not find any Part Number for this.

does someone have this Part Number? is it already orderable?

44 Replies 44

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I didn't think this was even released. If I am not mistaken it uses SSL VPN licenses mich like regular clients is the way I understood it but I could be mistaken

i think should be a own license because when i make a sh version following is shown:

Licensed features for this platform:
Maximum Physical Interfaces    : Unlimited
Maximum VLANs                  : 150
Inside Hosts                   : Unlimited
Failover                       : Active/Active
VPN-DES                        : Enabled
VPN-3DES-AES                   : Enabled
Security Contexts              : 2
GTP/GPRS                       : Disabled
SSL VPN Peers                  : 2
Total VPN Peers                : 750
Shared License                 : Disabled
AnyConnect for Mobile          : Disabled
AnyConnect for Cisco VPN Phone : Disabled
AnyConnect Essentials          : Disabled
Advanced Endpoint Assessment   : Disabled
UC Phone Proxy Sessions        : 2
Total UC Proxy Sessions        : 2
Botnet Traffic Filter          : Disabled

Okay, it is not yet turned for ordering. The feature is not available for customer ordering at this time based on all the information I have seen

ok thank you, i try to get a beta license in the Partner Community

Doing quite a lot of reading this afternoon looking to see if I can find any more detail on this topic.

1. Is there documentation surrounding what "type" of SSL license is required to enable connectivity of a phone running the VPN firmware? (Essentials vs. Premium). Based on the functionality I know surrounding the Essesntials license, it would appear that would be all you would require.
  2. Additionally, does a phone connecting via the VPN firmware via SSL require two SSL session licenses in order to support a "connection" to two CUCM servers in a cluster similar to the way it does with the UC Proxy option?

ASA Phone Proxy License Details:
For the phone proxy, each TLS proxy session supports one IP phone to register, when the IP phone has a single connection to the CUCM cluster (no backup CUCM). If a backup CUCM is set up, each connection to the backup CUCM consumes one TLS proxy session and requires a Unified
Communications Proxy license. For example, to support 100 IP phones, each with a primary and a backup connection to the CUCM cluster, a Unified Communications Proxy license of 200 sessions is needed.

An example part number includes:    ASA5505-SSL10-K9  -  Cisco ASA 5505 SSL/IPsec VPN Edition for 10 concurrent SSL VPN users (AnyConnect Premium-SSL VPN Edition)

See here for more information.

Brad

So it is confirmed that when you buy that license you will see under sh ver "Any connect for Phone license" show up? Kenny received information from the BU that there is another part just to enable that. I realize one of the threads was updated that there isnt such a part # but it has been confusing hearing conflicting items from multiple sources

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-15400#comment-4873

snip

Additionally, I understand that the BU does not currently have an ETA on  FCS for the "AnyConnect for Cisco Phones"  license that is required for this architecture to work. A understanding on a rough ETA would be nice so that we don't prematurely offer this as an option to our customers.

snip

Thanks

Srini

Whats the final word on licensing?

Will this be enough

L-ASA-SSL-50= ASA 5500 SSL VPN 50 User License

Thanks

Tim

The last word I heard was that there will be a charge for the licensing on top of the SSL licenses. That SKU was not orderable. It would look like this L-ASA-AC-PH-55XX= (XX=05,10,20,40,50,80) + Premium

If you don't see it, then have the BU issue evaluation licenses

Srini

The price is nominal on those, that is good.

How do I know if I have premium SSL?

Are these consider premium,

L-ASA-SSL-50= ASA 5500 SSL VPN 50 User License

Thanks

Tim

Yes that's a premium SSL VPN license

Srini

Here's a great link to a partner training that describes how to order:

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-27177

Basically you need to order a L-ASA-AC-PH-55XX=  (which isn’t in the dynamic configuration tool!) for the ASA appliance itself AND the AnyConnect Premium License for each IP Phone you want to connect. The training was nice as they suggested if the customer has newer phones to do VPN Phone versus the Proxy as it is a lot less trouble to work with.

-Charisse

This is really excellent training for Cisco ASA Licensing, thak you! I've cleared a lot of things which are burried deep in ASA Licensing whitepaper.

One question. If I have a user who wants to use their phone through a remote access VPN, which licenses am I going to require?

Will I need both the UC proxy and the AnyConnect VPN phone license?

Also, the phones in use have a native VPN client.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: