Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Apple Push Notifications only working for calls

We are having problems with APNs on our CUCM.

It seems as if they only work when receiving calls on the iPhone.

When you write chat messages to the user logged in on the iPhone no notifications appear. As soon as you call his internal extension, a message pops up saying Jabber is launched and the call can be accepted. As soon as you put Jabber in the foreground you receive all the chat messages. 

This happens both inside the corporate network as well as from outside through MRA. The oAuth refresh is configured and works. After the initial login you can access Jabber without entering credentials even after changing network. All notifications for the Jabber app are allowed. iOS Version is 11.3.1.

Our cluster is version 11.5(1)SU4. We installed the ciscocm.11_5_su4.v1.k3.cop file as mentioned in the deploy guide. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/11_5_1/SU4/cucm_b_deploying-push-notifications-1151su4/cucm_b_deploying-push-notifications-1151su4_chapter_01.html

In the Cisco Cloud Onboarding Configuration it says "Onboarding complete". Checkbox for Cisco to manage certificates is checked and all certificates are shown in the trust store (QuoVadis Root CA, Go Daddy, VeriSign).

We tried both connecting to the Push-Cloud through a proxy server as well as directly from the CUCM without anything changing. We don't see any blocked traffic from the Callmanager or IM/Presence servers to the Webex cloud.

We have an intercluster peer set up to a second Callmanager cluster in the UK which is on 11.5(1)SU3, if that is of any interest.

Appreciate any input on this matter. I can post logs if wanted.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

daimmanu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Thomas,

First thing to check is to verify whether the Jabber client is enabled with IMPush feature from the Jabber logs.

The XCP Config Manager service is responsible to contact the Cisco Cloud server. Checking on the XCP Config Manager logs will tell us more information whether a push message has been triggered or not from the server end.

If you could provide me the Jabber problem report along with the XCP Config Manager, I can take a look.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

daimmanu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Thomas,

First thing to check is to verify whether the Jabber client is enabled with IMPush feature from the Jabber logs.

The XCP Config Manager service is responsible to contact the Cisco Cloud server. Checking on the XCP Config Manager logs will tell us more information whether a push message has been triggered or not from the server end.

If you could provide me the Jabber problem report along with the XCP Config Manager, I can take a look.

Hi daimmanu,

i was able to resolve the problem with your hint, since i did not know the XCP Config Manager was involved.

I checked the logs and the Config Manager was still trying to access idbroker.webex.com through our proxy-server, that was configured before.

Although we deleted all the proxy settings in the cloud-onboarding, allowed all traffic from the CUCM to the webex cloud directly and did not see any more traffic on the proxy.

Simply restarted the XCP Config Manager and it worked!

Thanks for your help

The post before was made by me. Was using the wrong account XD.
Just to prevent confusion.

Case can be closed.

For others looking at this, there is also bug CSCvn18745. Apple Push Notifications don't work for IMs on UCM 11.5 Su5 unless you turn on XCP Config Manager logs to DEBUG. Call notifications work fine.