cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Application User assigned to device - disappears...

AnikaGopal
Level 1
Level 1

On CUCM 8.6 (part of UCCE solution).

We have a specific application user setup in CUCM which is basically a jtapi association for call recording. Any devices that require call recording in our environment, need to have this application user controlling their device (794x/894x phones) - otherwise they will not record.

Over the last few months, every so often, a single phone will 'lose' this association. As in, their device is no longer controlled by this Application user.

But there's nothing to say what has triggered this loss. There have been no changes to the device itself. It hasn't been reconfigured or changed or reset in anyway. Just one day, it'll not be associated to that application user anymore.

Because it doesn't come to our attention until 2-3 weeks later, it's well beyond the point where we can get any logs from CUCM to identify what's going on.

Because it only happens once in a while, it's impossible to predict. But it has huge ramifications for us (call recording/legal requirements etc).

Has anyone come across this before? I've searched the bug tool - but can't find anything similar. Can't really log a case until I can get some actual logs of the issue occurring - stuck!!!

Any ideas??

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Couple of points:

1) In case you are not able to get the callmanager and CTI srevice traces as they are overwritten, you can use the scheduled trace collection option as described here

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/31766/scheduled-trace-collection-rtmt-cucm-appliance-model

This will ensure that logs are there for you or TAC to investigate for the time stamp when issue is experienced.

2) Try to isolate if this happens to a specific device pool, phone model, phones connected to a particular switch , phones with any expansion modules etc.

HTH

Manish

A few days later after I wrote this, it happened again, and we miraculously caught it within 24 hours of it happening. So, we are a step further now. Got the logs! Hopefully when I write again, we'll have figured it out!

Any resolution on this?  We are seeing the same issue. 

Same issue here on version 10.5.2. Any resolution?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: