cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Applying Exchange SP2 before running permission wizard

benhanson
Level 1
Level 1

I am in the process of migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 for my Unity message store. I've already set up the Exchange 2003 server as a mail server so that I could work out any Active Directory Connector issues. I am referring to the Reconfiguration and Upgrade guide, and then subsequently to the Recommended Service Packs and Upgrades document. While reviewing the Service Packs and Upgrades Doc I found this warning:

Caution Note that if you are using Cisco Unity 4.0(3), you must run the Cisco Unity Permissions wizard before you install Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 1 or later. Otherwise Cisco Unity will not function properly. You must use the Permissions wizard version that is included with Cisco Unity 4.0(4) (on DVD 1 and CD 1). The same version is also posted on the Cisco Unity Tools website at http://ciscounitytools.com/App_PW_403.htm. For information on running the Cisco Unity Permissions wizard, refer to Permissions wizard Help.

Well, unfortunately I am running 4.0(3)SR1 and I've already applied SP2 to the Exchange 2003 server but I have not yet done any of the Unity integration steps. So can I still work with this box, or do I need to start Exchange from scratch so I can run the permissions wizard before installing SP2? Should I update Unity to 4.0(4) or better before integrating the Exchange 2003 server?

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

The permissions wizard must be run after applying the Exchange 2003 service pack. See this link - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_field_notice09186a008024d72f.shtml

Make sure you use permissions wizard version 2.1.0.18 or higher (the download says version 2.1.0.32), whether you are on 4.0(3) or upgrade to 4.0(4). You should be able to stay at 4.0(3), run the permissions wizard and continue with your reconfiguration to Exchange 2003 as your partner server.

Ginger

vipersl65
Level 4
Level 4
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: